• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

College Assignment Help

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hi gang. It’s been a long time since I posted on these forums. Not sure who or how many remember me… I have a favour to ask of the community: I’m currently studying game development at college with the hopes of going on to university and take it further. I specifically want to get into 3D modelling and animation. Smile

For part of an assignment due next week, I’m writing about how media/publishers get their statistics about game audiences. One of the topics I’ve covered is adventure games and the diverse audience it has from the community and, specifically, this forum from when I frequented it. However, I need to supply evidence of this. So, I was wondering if folk would be willing to post a bit about themselves, such as gender, age, if they play other genres and if not - why, and why they play adventure games etc. Smile

Thanks.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, welcome back!

I’m Timothy, male (obviously), 37 and from Belgium.

The genres I play the most are adventure games, RPGs, sports games and (turn-based) strategy games.
Sports games are mainly because I’m a sports fan and I follow multiple sports in real life. The other genres are mainly because I like a good story and a good narrative, but I prefer to be able to take my time in a game (and not be rushed by timed sequences or action), and to think things through.
The non-action nature of adventure games, and their high emphasis on story and puzzles are the main draw for me.

Is this a bit what you’re looking for?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hi, TimovieMan. I remember you from the last time I was here. Smile Thanks for the feedback; that’s just the kind of thing I’m looking for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top