• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Morpheus and Virtual PC 2007 in Win7 64bit

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Hi there. I recently got “Morpheus” from e-bay after having heard many good things about the game and decided to try running it in my windows 7 64bit system through Virtual PC 2007 with Windows 95. I managed the set my virtual machine without any problems and the game installed without hiccups. I then installed the required version of Quicktime (version 3.0) and tried to run the game. However although the game does start, the cursor flickers like crazy whenever there is any sort of movement in the background and sometimes even becomes completely invisible, making it impossible to proceed. Does anyone have any idea what is the cause of that?  Foot in mouth

I also tried the game on a Windows XP laptop and it started on Win95 combatibiity mode without trouble and a perfectly normal cursor, though I have no idea how stable it is there. When I loaded a similar virtual machine to the laptop (VirtualPC+Win95), I came across the very same problem with the flickering cursor. Confused

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smile

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-09-12

PM

Are you running the Virtual machine FullScreen? If not, you should try that.

Since you have apparently had more success under Windows XP + Compatibility mode, you could also try running Windows XP on the Virtual PC instead, and use it’s compatibility mode.

Also check the VPC’s settings for anything cursor-related.

Lastly, if none of the above works, you might want to try the setups under VirtualBox or VMWare, altough i have had much better performances running Win98 in MS VPC.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top