• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Firmament

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Veovis - 02 July 2023 04:57 PM

Wonder why they put 16 GB ram as a minimum requirement? Surely can’t help sales (I backed it on KS).

Probably just trying to cover their backsides in case you wanted to play it in VR. It eats up a lot more resources like that.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Just finished Firmament. Took me 20-25 hours to beat it (without help) and what a satisfying feeling it was playing this one. I’ll let it sink in a bit, but possibly this will be the first game released since the early 2000’s to break into my top ten and maybe even my top five. Despite a feeling of it not being completely polished in every detail (and still patch 6 was released while I played it) this is a 5 out of 5 stars game for me.

And yes, it played and looked fine with only 8 GB of RAM all through the game.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Veovis - 25 July 2023 09:06 AM

I’ll let it sink in a bit, but possibly this will be the first game released since the early 2000’s to break into my top ten and maybe even my top five.

So what you’re saying is it’s good.

Just out of curiosity, does your top 10/top 5 include Myst 1, 2, 3 and 4?

AKA Charo

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Charophycean - 25 July 2023 09:29 PM
Veovis - 25 July 2023 09:06 AM

I’ll let it sink in a bit, but possibly this will be the first game released since the early 2000’s to break into my top ten and maybe even my top five.

So what you’re saying is it’s good.

Just out of curiosity, does your top 10/top 5 include Myst 1, 2, 3 and 4?

It’s been a long time since I considered an actual top 5/10 list, but Myst 2 would definitely be on a top 5 list and Myst 3 would likely be on a top 10 list. To answer your implied question, I don’t think people who don’t care for Myst-style games will care for Firmament either. It’s a Cyan game after all. Key elements are first person exploration and puzzle-solving. There’s a premise rather than a flowing story.

For the record, my top five would include other styles of games as well. GK2 & 3, Broken Sword and Silent Hill 2 would probably be on there together with Riven.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Well, just the fact that it’s being ranked above Myst and Obduction (which I both rate highly) is enough to bump it up my list from “will play eventually” to “will play soon”.

AKA Charo

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

It will be interesting to hear what you think.

Myst was the game that got me into (adventure) gaming so needless to say I really like that one too. Obduction is also a very good game, but I thought the gameplay involved a bit too much “work” instead of figuring things out. Firmament has elements of that too, but to me it feels closer in spirit to the Myst games than to Obduction.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top