• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Raven - New KingArt Adventure

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I played about an hour or so yesterday.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I don’t know if it is a general problem, but I haven’t received chapter 3 yet!

I was expecting it would automatically download chapter 3 when I start the game, like it did with chapter 2, but - nada - nothing happens.

I have written to Nordic Games where I bought it, so hopefully they will contact me soon.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

There’s a thread on the German-language part of the official forums that recommends a complete reinstall (including a full wipe of saves and temp files) as the only solution to the downloading bug.

http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?181311-Download-Kapitel-3

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thx - I will give it a try.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Bobbles - 25 September 2013 05:43 PM

I downloaded part 3, but I can’t bring myself to start it. I can’t seem to find any feedback on the net either… has everybody given up on this game?

Apart from the gamebreaking bug I encountered in episode 1 and the somewhat limited responses and interaction possibilities, I rather enjoyed the first two parts of this game, one of the more engaging adventures in a while, though the second episode does not keep up the momentum set by the first. For a translated European game, the voice acting is surprisingly good. I’ve yet to begin the third chapter, gotta finish Primordia first, which I’m playing now. According to reviews I’ve read, the third part brings it back up a notch, whereas the second part was a little too short and lacking in puzzles.

I have to agree about the abrupt endings of the first two chapters. Surely, this could’ve been handled better. It’s almost like ending a movie in mid-sentence. If there’s any episodic adventure where I’d recommend waiting till all chapters are released before playing, this is it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Any news on a PS3 release for this? I doubt my computer- an oldie from 2007- will be able to handle it, and I was hoping to be able to get it on PSN.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished it. I wonder what it will be like to play as one continous game, although you will probably have to load it as 3 episodes unless they patch it together somehow.

The last episode wrapped everything up including the obvious “twist” that most people will see coming.

It once again puts you on the boat and in the museum, but from new points of view. You start as a new character and then switch back to the one from the end of episode 2.

Overall I think it’s a reasonably decent game with a great soundtrack, but it’s mainly the good vibe from the first episode that carried it through because I think it lost focus towards the end and the ending came suddenly.

Ep 3 was buggy for me with a few graphical glitches, one of which required a reboot.

But overall it gave me about 14 hours of gameplay, but that may have included me restarting episode one and playing through it again.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I downloaded episode 3. I already had played the first 2 but am replaying them from the beginning to see how it goes as a “whole” story. Finished the first episode and started the second. Definitly, I suggest you play the 3 episodes as a one only game. Gives you more insights and your memory is still fresh of the events on each episode.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Lucien21 - 26 September 2013 06:00 PM

I think it’s a reasonably decent game with a great soundtrack

I agree, the soundtrack is great, and using a live orchestra increases the quality immeasurably. I really like Benny Oschmann, he’s an incredibly talented composer, but in my opinion, theres not nearly enough recorded music for the game. Unless I’m mistaken, there’s only about one hour of music composed for all three episodes, so you’ll hear the same scores repeating over and over again. As someone with an uncontrollable need to analyze music, I became tired of the repetition allready in the first chapter where the entire soundtrack is played several times, then the second chapter comes, and it’s the exact same music all over again in all scenes.

I guess, as usual, it comes down to a limited budget, and we should probably be happy they actually went with a live orchestra, which is quite rare in adventure games.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top