• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Raven - New KingArt Adventure

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-01-06

PM

Normally I would also wait for more episodes to be released, but I do not see any reservation with this one as reviews and hands-on previews impressions are really good. It´s a genre I love with great graphics and good puzzles, so I will take the pre-order 20% off offer, cuz if I wait I will kick myself in September when all episodes are released for then having to have to pay full price for the whole story Meh

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-01-06

PM

Ah one more important reason for me to buy this game. It´s being released on ALL platforms, even Linux and also as DRM-free. Something truly to be supported and encouraged!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Statues :downloading Started ... 3 Hours .EST

Yeaa good for me Wink)

Total Posts: 6609

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

4 stars on AG!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2010-01-21

PM

Does anyone think Zellner is the old Raven? I started off assuming this and every phrase and scene fits perfectly with this assumption, besides that’s maybe the only reason to have us play an old man Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m just starting it…

why did I click this thread?!?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 23 July 2013 12:36 PM

4 stars on AG!

i always trusted AG 4stars rating more than the 5 .. actually AG rating for games between 2.5 and 4 were always my best experience

Total Posts: 6609

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 23 July 2013 02:16 PM
diego - 23 July 2013 12:36 PM

4 stars on AG!

i always trusted AG 4stars rating more than the 5

I agree! So, did you try The Raven?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I playing , or started ... but i decided to get back to my one game at the time core.. as playing 3-4 together (which wasn’t my idea but i found a lot Members here doing it) turned out to not fully enjoying any, am almost at Face Noir end , i watched The Raven Intro and tomorrow i will be on it .

wilco - 23 July 2013 01:51 PM

I’m just starting it…

why did I click this thread?!?

sorry but what do you mean ,wilco?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Just starting the game… I really like that it has the option to play with the original German voices + English subtitles and menus. Every game (not developed originally in English) should have that option.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

(non-Europeans can probably skip this post)

Sorry for the double post, but Oh. My. God.

I’ve played the game for 30 minutes, 25 of which I spent racking my brain trying to figure out where on earth I had heard the game’s main theme before.

And then it hit me.

That’s it. I’m done. I cannot possibly take this game seriously anymore.

Those crazy Germans… Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 23 July 2013 03:05 PM

sorry but what do you mean ,wilco?

I was refering to this post:
(That was made in another thread that got merged)

indigo_206 - 23 July 2013 01:25 PM

Does anyone think Zellner is the old Raven? I started off assuming this and every phrase and scene fits perfectly with this assumption, besides that’s maybe the only reason to have us play an old man Wink

I was thinking it might be spoilery but I have no idea because I’m only at the beginning

Kurufinwe - 23 July 2013 03:16 PM

Just starting the game… I really like that it has the option to play with the original German voices + English subtitles and menus. Every game (not developed originally in English) should have that option.

Didn’t notice that, might give it a try.

Kurufinwe - 23 July 2013 04:08 PM

And then it hit me.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Total Posts: 426

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I played the first part, which I assume was a demo, of the game and was rather turned off by the black and white characters. then, at the end it seemed like a real-life game that I would enjoy, and I am now anxiously awaiting for a sale so that I can buy this game.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

indigo_206 - 23 July 2013 01:25 PM

Does anyone think Zellner is the old Raven?

I also thought his behaviour at certain points looked rather fishy but the whole Raven incident took place only 5 years ago, if I remember correctly. If Zellner is indeed linked to him in some way, I would expect him to be the Raven’s father or something like that. But anyway, the reason behind choosing Zellner as the player character probably has more to do with King Art’s goal to put a Poirot simulacrum in the game. It’s pretty obvious (annoyingly so, in my opinion) that the first chapter is a love letter to Agatha Christie and they went to great lengths to ensure that it shows.

Besides the unmistakable Christie vibe, I can’t say I was all that impressed with King Art’s effort on this one. It buffles me that the Internet seems to have such a warm embrace for what I found to be a lukewarm murder-mystery with some decent dialogue and an ok story.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Kurufinwe - 23 July 2013 04:08 PM

(non-Europeans can probably skip this post)

Sorry for the double post, but Oh. My. God.

I’ve played the game for 30 minutes, 25 of which I spent racking my brain trying to figure out where on earth I had heard the game’s main theme before.

And then it hit me.

I think you’re on the wrong track. This is what I immediately thought they were trying to emulate:

My wife was also pointing out that the original Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) theme reminded her of some classical stuff she couldn’t quite get a grip on… Rachmaninoff or Schumann… I suggested Bruckner…

I think it’s safe to say that the likeliness to some ESC-winner-song was not intended. (Nor did the ESC-winner ever intend to steal a classical melody, I assume).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top