• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

a little goodbye

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

hey all,

it’s probably time to accept that this is not my home base. i think to some it was a goal to see if they could ‘trigger’ me. i kind of regret letting that happen. not by “being triggered” or something, you can literally do that to anyone if that’s your goal, but by coming back.

it started happening from the first few posts, i think we all knew it would at some point get too much.

i probably should’ve taken the hint.

but i wanted to see how certain people were doing. i wondered if things had changed. and i didn’t want to leave because a bully wanted me to leave.

first time i joined this board, i had been reading and writing reviews, straight up going off on whatever topic i had in mind. i was in a relationship that’d last eight years, during which a close friendship came to an end.

i would also be on the receiving end of violence. all sorts. on top of that, i worked a bunch of jobs in increasingly dysfunctional workplaces.

the reviews were a means for me to set a part of myself free in way that wasn’t possible in real life. when that part of me went over to the boards, i seemed to find a place for myself.

there’s a couple of people i think are pretty cool, even if we’ve disappointed each other in some ways - i do feel we tried to learn from that - and we were able to move past our differences. part of me wants to stick around, do things for and with the community. but i think it’s obvious, even for those who did have a moderately positive view of having me around: it’s going to cause trouble.

i’m not going into the “stuff that happened”, but i’ll say again that it hurt me, in a very real and significant way. i also know the main people behind it can and will not acknowledge that - that feels uncomfortable, so they’d rather avoid it, while the rush of being part of an anti-movement makes you feel alive. and i get that, both of those things.

i haven’t felt this crappy in a while. i’m going to see if i can fix myself, one thing i know is i’ve outstayed my welcome here. it was fun, sometimes, it was rewarding working with Jack, getting better at writing, for as long as that lasted. what’s left of me here is too messy for a future, so it’s probably time i leave this place behind for good.

have a good one.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It would be great if you could just drop the ‘poor old me’/’victim’ persona (it’s pathetic anyway) & recognise that no-one was/is out to trigger you unless you initiate that reaction. You also need to recognise that your own personal views had no place here in the role you had as a moderator. You were not bullied off the site but you were clearly too invested in one side of a debate which you should have just ‘sthfu’ about.

rtrooney - 14 April 2023 08:24 PM

Too bad about all of this. VP exudes intelligence in many of his posts. Despite that intelligence, too often, including recent posts here, common sense, as well as common decency seems not to be the road he prefers to travel. Again, too bad.

I completely concur with Tim’s post here & think that if you could leave your own personal views/issues aside you’re/could be a great asset to the site. Please think about it.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I would be sad to see you go VP. For sure, the forum would be a much less lively place without you.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Oh man, I sure will miss you.  you were the nicest one of this board. and the most interesting. Please don’t go. You are intelligent and witty and - most of all nice. You are the best and some people do really appreciate you.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was very active on the forum before you registered, than had sam phase in life where I wasn’t really attached to it like I used to and it seems to correlate with you being active here, then recently I came back. I’m never happy to see a contributing member leave the forum (especially when the whole site is going through a transition of a sort), and there are a lot of people from the past I’d like to hear from, at least for them to stop by and tell us how they’re doing in their life, even if adventure gaming is not big part of it anymore. Forums as means of communication is something I’d always be closer to compared to Facebook, Discord and whatsnot, even if there is only one human being here that will be ready to discuss with me the big love and passion of my life. Not to mention the rise of AI and how many reviews/sites will start to look-a-like - communication with a human being, I feel, will be the food for soul, especially in a niche genre.

That said, I never understand why you or someone else have the need to announce publicly that you’re leaving, or that you’re different from the rest of us? I wasn’t here and I feel sorry because of it (I realize it was a mistake) because I wasn’t particularly active in the gaming terms. The point is that we’re all here because we love games and we enjoy discussing them with others. Regardless of recognition or any other factors, that’s what matters most.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Oh my god! Vegetable Party is leaving? I tried to get in touch with you via email but your inbox was full. You once gave me a code for a game and that’s much appreciated.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top