• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy Rain Directors Cut unofficial CPT

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Rtrooney: Just finished the CPT of Kathy Rain Director’s Cut. Good game. not sure it tied up the loose ends any better than the original.

Interestingly, I thought the same thing exactly. Kathy Rain DC had an expanded ending, more scenes and puzzles, but still a little strange and mystifying.

I’m glad everyone had a good time during this CPT. I hope another game gets the DC treatment so that we can do it again.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Adv_Lvr - 27 December 2021 09:10 AM

Rtrooney: Just finished the CPT of Kathy Rain Director’s Cut. Good game. not sure it tied up the loose ends any better than the original.

Interestingly, I thought the same thing exactly. Kathy Rain DC had an expanded ending, more scenes and puzzles, but still a little strange and mystifying.

This was my comment on the original KR CPT thread.

rtrooney - 08 February 2017 03:19 PM

Finished Day 5. It really was quite short.

I didn’t particularly care for the way the game ended. I really wish I had the opportunity to make one last pass through the town. I felt a need to talk to Lily’s mom and explain what really happened to Lily. (There is a phenomenon in the United States that goes by the macabre title “Suicide by Police.” If a person wants to commit suicide, but is unable to do it him/herself, he/she will will fire a gun in the direction of police officers knowing full well that the police will fire back and kill you.) That’s what really happened between Lily and Nathan. The mother needs to know that. I would certainly want to visit Jimmy and Kathy’s mom to see whether the events that transpired on the other side had any effect on their mental states. I’d like to make Beau another drink and tell him that your dad wasn’t really the good friend that Beau remembers him to be. I’d like to retrieve Grandpa’s uniform from the storage locker and put it where it belongs, in the attic with the rest of his memorabilia. I’d like to see if Goober is going to be OK. And finally, I would like to let Lenny take me on a date after the lousy way I treated him during most of the game.

Those were the things I thought needed to be resolved. None of them were.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 27 December 2021 11:28 PM
Adv_Lvr - 27 December 2021 09:10 AM

This was my comment on the original KR CPT thread.

rtrooney - 08 February 2017 03:19 PM

Finished Day 5. It really was quite short.

I didn’t particularly care for the way the game ended. I really wish I had the opportunity to make one last pass through the town. I felt a need to talk to Lily’s mom and explain what really happened to Lily. (There is a phenomenon in the United States that goes by the macabre title “Suicide by Police.” If a person wants to commit suicide, but is unable to do it him/herself, he/she will will fire a gun in the direction of police officers knowing full well that the police will fire back and kill you.) That’s what really happened between Lily and Nathan. The mother needs to know that. I would certainly want to visit Jimmy and Kathy’s mom to see whether the events that transpired on the other side had any effect on their mental states. I’d like to make Beau another drink and tell him that your dad wasn’t really the good friend that Beau remembers him to be. I’d like to retrieve Grandpa’s uniform from the storage locker and put it where it belongs, in the attic with the rest of his memorabilia. I’d like to see if Goober is going to be OK. And finally, I would like to let Lenny take me on a date after the lousy way I treated him during most of the game.

Those were the thngs I thougt needed to be resolved. None of them were.

You are completely right. I too was waiting for that to happen and it never did. I was hoping for a chapter 5 twice as long and full of detailed explanations. Oh well, didn’t happen.

I still liked Kathy Rain DC, just not what I was expecting.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I had to share this:

Vegetable Party - 05 January 2022 03:17 AM
Laughing

Why didn’t Kathy take a blowtorch to the sea of flowers?
Her Zippo was a little lighter

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top