• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2997

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fien - 05 November 2012 03:26 PM

Are you officially taking over, Sefir? Fine with me, just asking.

No. This walkthrough should be lead by someone who has already played and finished the game at least once (and that person is not me. I have to fight for my life here in the Bar! Smile). I just decided to “push” a bit, because you missed Cilia’s Emp-Tel. The rest is still yours.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My power and internet came back as of this afternoon, so I’ll do my best to get some playing done this weekend.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Welcome back! Smile

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Doesn’t The Space Bar have an in-game time limit?

I hope it’s longer than 4 months! Wink

Just kidding guys. Hope the playthrough is going well. And glad to hear people affected by Sandy got their power back.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

inm8#2 - 08 November 2012 03:42 AM

Hope the playthrough is going well.

There have been very successful playthroughs in the past. This is not one of them.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien - 08 November 2012 05:58 AM

There have been very successful playthroughs in the past. This is not one of them.

But at least it’s still going… Grin

Is anyone else having difficulties with Cilia’s emp-tel?
It’s making the game crash consistently, and I suspect the problem is sound-related. After playing the emp-tel for a bit, the sounds suddenly become looped, and when that happens I can still save the game, but practically any other in-game action makes the game hang (with the sound still looped).
It even goes so far as to making me have to reboot my virtual machine that’s running it, because simply killing the game and restarting it doesn’t fix the sound loop… Meh

I’m currently on the barge, which was as far as my patience allowed me to get… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

TimovieMan - 08 November 2012 06:23 AM

But at least it’s still going… Grin

Yes, and isn’t it amazing!

Is anyone else having difficulties with Cilia’s emp-tel?

Haven’t started it yet, have to replay parts of the game first because Cilia refuses to take a break for me. Frown But I don’t remember any problems, least of all sound-related ones.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I personally, haven’t met any technical problems in Cilia’s Emp-Tel. Could it be that some of your sound files are corrupted? If you can’t find any solutions, one of us could sent you the “Tri.wld” which I think (not sure however) has Cilia’s Emp-Tel sounds. I don’t think this is a sound card/driver compatibility issue since this problem occured to you so late in the game…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fien - 08 November 2012 06:38 AM

Cilia refuses to take a break for me. Frown

Really? Not even with the tricks of “loading around 19:30” or the “waiting at 19:30”? That’s bad… Frown

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir - 08 November 2012 06:46 AM

Really? Not even with the tricks of “loading around 19:30” or the “waiting at 19:30”?

Waiting at 19:30 means replaying two emp-tels and several things in the bar for me.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And how about standing in front of Cilia at 19:40, saving, and reloading? That’s what did the trick for me…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Holy crap! I just found out that none other than THE Alan Rickman did a whole bunch of voices in The Space Bar, including My and Ty, the Fission Twins, the Slot Machine, Click’s insects, Parker in Cilia’s emp-tel, Dr. Root, the TV announcer in Seedrot’s emp-tel, and a bunch of others!!!

Yes, THE…

ALAN…

RICKMAN!!!

And in other news: no crashing/sound issues this evening! Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I had quite an adventure with my PC….the final outcome is a brand new Laptop and a new hard disk…
While I managed to save many things from my old hard disk, TSB saves file was not one of them. Yep. Back from the beggining!!
However, I managed to emulate TSB successfully and to replay the majority of the Emp-Tels without problems (in 2 days! I’m proud of myself Smile). With one exception. Deven-7’s Emp-Tel. Now I have just the same problem Fien had with the half-cut “include” option on Deven’s PC screen.
Fien, how did you solved that problem (or rather, what your Tech-friend did to solve it)?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir, you’re having the same problem I had on my Win98 machine? Remarkable! It’s a real gamestopper, isn’t it. Angry My friend transferred the one and only save file to my Win7 machine, which was quite a feat (floppy drive, USB stick and burning a CD were no options). But since you’ve emulated the game, his solution can’t be relevant. Sorry I can’t help you! I have been thinking… maybe we could contact Steve Meretzky and ask him what the hell is wrong with Deven’s emp-tel?

PS: Can’t you play the game under Win7?

Looking forward to:

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fien - 10 November 2012 09:24 AM

PS: Can’t you play the game under Win7?

No, but I’ll have a chance in Win 8 in 4-5 days. I’ll tell you how that goes…

EDIT: Since it seems I’m not going to have my chance in Win8, I’m really interested Fien, how did you managed to skip the infamous “The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and contact the software publisher.” message when you try the installation on Win 7?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top