• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I have played the first four chapters of this section. I think this is the first game where you play cat and mouse and you are the cat and the mouse. It is hard playing as Lucas trying to save him and playing like Carla/Tyler trying to catch him…

Very funny at the bank trying to hide evidence as Lucas and later trying to find it as Carla…

About Agatha, well, I saw it coming. I had to replay the chapter to find the necessary elements, but it’s ok.

So Tyler and his girlfriend are celebrating their anniversary, I nailed the dancing QTE (I am doing better now) and WTF? Chapter ends just when…? It’s not fair!

And Carla finally connecting the dots (that part wasn’t hard as I got many clues). I liked when the policeman tells Carla about Lucas saving the boy from drawning. The fact that Carla says she would have done the same gives me some hope about Lucas…

I will play the remaining four chapters tomorrow night.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Done the section and even if i find many problems with the game somehow i wanna continue and see what happens next. The way the story is presented makes you wanna keep playing.

Still dislike the fact that there is qte everywhere and all the time and i wonder how better that game would be if there were no qte at all. Imo its a gameplay gimmik that has aged horribly and it just makes the game less fun. Its no surprise that i find myself enjoying all the chapters that have no qte. In that sense i found the most fun chapter the investigation by carla in her office and also the investigation at laundry.

Also from one side you have a strong story so far that creates suspense and from the other side you have those action qte sequences were you just press buttons fast while your characters is fighting, running, thinking, talking and almost about anything and hinder the experience and in the end you cant enen enjoy the nicely cinematic action because you have to pay attention to qte prompts.

Anyway despite all the negatives, i would be lying if i said that i m not curious about the story and how it will evolve. If i wasnt playing the game in a cpt i would probably finish this in one or two days lol. It feels like a book you just wanna read one more page before you sleep and you end up reading for hours

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

The bank chapter was the most divisive for me in terms of playing as the one being chased and the ones doing the chasing as well. I was fighting between helping out Lucas and honestly playing as good as I can being any character. I went with playing honest and ended up landing Lucas in hot water. The fact that I had to link the clues later and actually get a warrant didn’t help one bit. I’m imagining being in his shoes (suspension of disbelief required, of course), and it would just totally suck being in this situation and pretty much on your own, so I feel for him.

I liked chapters that David Cage includes to simply show the background lives of characters that have little to do with the actual plot. It becomes sort of a mini-series where you don’t just follow the main story, but also learn smaller things about the characters that participate – Tyler’s girlfriend, Carla’s neighbor and buddy, Lucas’ brother and an ex - those kind of things make the story a bit more fulfilling.

A few words on Sam – while I dig the mutual spark they seem to keep going and genuine love for each other, I have a general dislike for people who pick significant others with specific/demanding careers (and I’m assuming that since they celebrated 2nd anniversary, she met Tyler after he became a cop) and then resent them for it and throw it in their faces. Sure, the life of being with someone who is in any kind of indispensable service isn’t for everyone, so the absolute worst thing you can do is play the “choice game” – me or your job. The best way is, of course to think in advance, if someone like that is for you, but I get it – we all sometimes tend to overestimate what we’re capable of and it’s not easy, but if it’s not working for you – be an adult enough to be respectful about it, what Sam is doing is very selfish and hurtful. I think she needs to grow up fast or have some time on her own to process things. That is not to say that Tyler is totally excused from the situation, as he seems to smoothly downplay and joke about even pretty serious matters, and I can see how that can be very disheartening.

I usually type these in between chapters, so I can say what I wanted to say without forgetting anything, so here I was typing this, and then went on to play the last 3 of the needed chapters…

Shit went off the rails really quick!
And then it went off the rails some more.
What the hell is actually going on here? I feel like the intensity just shot up tenfold. Definitely makes things more interesting and engrossing. I actually briefly remember the scene where Lucas jumps and holds on to the helicopter from way back when, but I didn’t really remember the details. This was something out of 90s action movie. I wonder if Lucas can demonstrate the changes that are happening to him physically at will? That will be very helpful in convincing his brother. The whole church segment was very unexpected and kinda cool.  And we still know nothing about the little girl. I’m 100% looking forward to continuing Lucas’ journey. At this point, I will actively try to restrain myself from playing, because the story is so action-packed that pausing in the middle is becoming difficult Grin

I think, the more story picks up – the more emotional it gets, and I like it. I made my peace with QTEs – they are endless and, largely, unnecessary in this game, but I think everyone pretty much either knew it or came to consensus about it by now, so it’s a matter of simply seeing everything through the end, and I’m excited to keep playing!

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Nico2021 - 05 June 2021 03:48 PM

Anyway despite all the negatives, i would be lying if i said that i m not curious about the story and how it will evolve. If i wasnt playing the game in a cpt i would probably finish this in one or two days lol. It feels like a book you just wanna read one more page before you sleep and you end up reading for hours

I think it’s a very good comparison! It’s a twisty thriller in its core, and you don’t really read those for days, but more like in as few sittings as possible. At this point, I’d probably finish much sooner if not for CPT as well. It’s really cool to see how fast-paced adventures like this compare to the usual “play at whatever pace you want” fare, since the latter doesn’t tend to have crazy cliffhangers.

And I think you’re doing a splendid job Tenebra!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I just ended the section too. Now I am pretty good at QTE’s. I got past the one escaping from the police at the second time and the one in the church at the first!

At the church, did anyone else think about Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker when seeing dead Agatha? The Mayas, eh? I felt like a Broken Sword game, are we travelling there to solve the mystery? I am sure the girl has the key, but what key?

Poor Carla and Tyler trying to explain to their boss how Lucas managed to escape…

About Sam and Tyler, I always thought a cop shouldn’t have family or couple, it is a very consuming job and that’s why they get divorced so often.

I am really excited to know what’s next, and like everybody, I must refrain of keep playing.

So Tenebra, give us more, please! Smile

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice cliffhanger, once again!

The scene with the police chief was fun, playing the trope straight completely fits the Fahrenheit experience.

Did not see the MAYANS coming, but it figures.

I have no particular thoughts or feelings about Sam. Markus Kane, however.. a priest, a brother and what a mensch. I wish we could be friends. He is one solid dude.

edit: @walas74, read your post, now I’m curious about the Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker reference you made!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have also just ended the section also, the plot thickness…..Sadly, I don’t ever see me good at QTE’s, although playing this game has given me LOTS of practice…....

I have the distinct felling…......that THE END is near…....I of course, could be wrong….

And yes, gotta love the nice cliffhanger, makes you want more!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’m all caught up and ready to move on.

DCast - 05 June 2021 10:43 PM

I actually briefly remember the scene where Lucas jumps and holds on to the helicopter from way back when, but I didn’t really remember the details.

To be honest, I’ve had pretty much the same experience, it’s amazing how much of this game I don’t remember. I keep thinking I can’t have played this far before because it’s all so unfamiliar and then I see one little thing that I do remember.

Even still, things are developing now in the story and I can’t remember where they’re going, which is pretty cool really. Looking forward to discovering (re-discovering?) what happens next.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I finished the chapter during the weekend, just didn’t have time to write back. It started good enough: another mad sequence in Lucas’ office, another weird moment of “playing against myself” followed by some relaxing sequences with little QTE which I liked. Well, except for the linking evidence puzzle which turned to be just way too easy, hardly even a puzzle - after all our efforts at collecting evidence.

And then out of nowhere… the game turned into The Matrix. Oh wow, that was such a horrible plot twist that I couldn’t believe my eyes and died several times in a row. Now I see where all the critics of the game came from. It’s really silly and kills the whole realism - well, there wasn’t much left, but as far as human behavior is concerned, writing still felt pretty realistic. Not anymore. And the angels sequence just made it worse - not to mention it was just way too heavy on QTE, with two separate buttons blinking every second, had me restart a number of times and curse a lot. Add to this other visions with the dead Agatha, the Mayas... It’s like Cage didn’t have the slightest idea of what kind of story he was writing and just kept inserting various cliches from various movies.

The laundry investigation also didn’t do much for me, it was much shorter and not all that exciting compared to the first game scene. And I thought it wasn’t needed at all, things already took a new direction, why this ritual killing by a possessed guy again? Tbh the game is pretty disappointing at this point and I don’t see how they are going to make the story work.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Doom - 08 June 2021 04:52 AM

It’s like Cage didn’t have the slightest idea of what kind of story he was writing and just kept inserting various cliches from various movies.

When a character named David Cage asked me what I thought of a crash test robot and gave me two options, one of which implied physical attraction, in a more or less realistic movie studio, I suspected we were in for a ride.

Did not see this coming. He went pretty wild. It’s as if he wanted to make ALL the movies he watched in the 90s.

I predict at least one more secret organisation, a car chase, a romantic plot development (probably for Carla) and a lot of opportunities for toilet use.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It’s like Cage didn’t have the slightest idea of what kind of story he was writing and just kept inserting various cliches from various movies.

That’s well observed, it does feel like that. It sort of makes me think of David Lynch’s approach to some of his films, but with one catastrophic difference. Being a creative genius David Lynch can work with a feeling/theme and rely on inspiration to take him from scene to scene (i.e. Inland Empire) and the result is profound, if sometimes confusing. David Cage just doesn’t have those clubs in his bag and so we get this patchwork of derivative scenes where the inspiration is just scenes from other films!

Maybe that’s a bit harsh, I’m still enjoying the game after all. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

This game us a guilty pleasure Laughing

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I think he tried to cover too many themes, topics, genres and in the process appealed to clichés to perhaps fill in certain gaps he might have encountered. There is a saying in Spanish, I don’t know what it would be like in English, but I think it is..“Jack of all trades, master of none”.

We are approaching the final stages and I am also preparing my opinion a bit like a synthesis of my experience (I don’t want to say review, because it’s not) regarding this game. It’s… nothing atypical… nevertheless interesting how our perception can change over time. Maybe nostalgia allows me to be more permissive. I still like this game a lot, don’t get me wrong.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Last time on Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

We are already near the end and I know you can already feel it.

Lucas escaped from the police last time, but how long can he go on like this? How long can he keep running from the police? In his mind is the clear and firm idea of getting to the end of all this mystery that surrounds his life and that has changed it completely and forever. He will never be the same again. For now he already has a clue from where to continue searching.

We will be Lucas searching for information about the Mayans while he is still on the run,
We will be the police who are once again close to apprehending him.

We will also have a very interesting visit to an asylum by Carla and another flashback to Lucas’ childhood. Don’t go away, we are almost at the end of the journey.

This is perhaps the longest section we’re going to play so far, but I think it’s a good stopping point. At least I think it makes more sense after everything we’re going to go through. After this section you will be ready for the end.

Time: One week. 6/15
Where to stop? The last chapter to play will be Lucas’ flashback. After finishing this one we will see Carla at the entrance of the cemetery, we will stop there. Don’t go on with her yet.

~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top