• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That would be bad, not showing anything new, it would be that same showing has E3 with Quantum Break and Fifa15…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Very likely though. Sony and Nintendo treat this differently to E3 as that’s an American show. They show games/services that are relevant to europe at gamescom and TGS for Japan. MS normally just show everything at once.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 August 2014 02:52 PM

That would be bad, not showing anything new, it would be that same showing has E3 with Quantum Break and Fifa15…

Tad - 10 August 2014 03:15 PM

Very likely though. Sony and Nintendo treat this differently to E3 as that’s an American show. They show games/services that are relevant to europe at gamescom and TGS for Japan. MS normally just show everything at once.

Spencer,Famitsu and others already hinted atleast 2 Big announcements from Sony and MS.

Last years Gamescom had better reveals than E3.

Please don’t mix Ninty with Sony, Ninty always had shitty directs, they only changed their stance with Treehouse, else no conferences.

Edit:

IGN schedule shows 10+ Unknown game demos

http://www.ign.com/events/gamescom?schedule=true

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SEnix stealth announced new IP by the creators of Remember Me

Thus begins the story for a game that everyone here at Square Enix has fallen in love with. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but Life is Strange is something entirely different - we’ve teamed up with DONTNOD Entertainment (the guys and girls behind ‘Remember Me’) and they’ve delivered some amazing stuff. Each and every texture in Life is Strange is a hand drawn work of art and every action enacts a butterfly effect - but with the power to rewind time, what would you change? And would it turn out to be a change for the better or worse?

Life is Strange is set to be released on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and is being played by journalists at gamescom this week, so be sure to watch out for their coverage! In the meantime, we’ll try out best to keep you updated with news via the blog and the official Life is Strange channels

Sounds like Episodic AG, i dont think they will make mistake of shoehorning combat again.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/announcing-life-strange

Oh yes one more thing

Episodic content, with each new chapter building and evolving based on the choices you made in previous episodes?

You know what it sounds like, don’t you Tongue

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m glad to see other studios looking at different genres like this. Look forward to seeing more Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was going to make a thread on the adventure side about that game but it’s better to wait for the gameplay footage to see what it is. Remember Me was not very good but had some cool ideas and designs.

Housemarque (Super Stardust, Resogun and (my favorite) Outland)) is going to announce something on gamescom, maybe Dead Nation 2 (meh, hope not this one)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m really excited about the new game from Remember Me devs. Although Remember Me gameplay was not perfect, I fell in love with the game and its world.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah me too.

With the recent teasers from Sony too, gamescom is looking good. Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Get ready for some Bloodborne gameplay tomorrow!

http://instagram.com/p/rkZEn9FZDW/

Annoying that I won’t be able to see any conference tommorrow, I’ll have to settle with the watching the good bits later Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sony trademarked ‘A Million Ways to Die’:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/11/gamescom-2014-sony-trademarks-a-million-ways-to-die-may-be-related-to-horror-teaser

Wonder if this is the same game in the teaser trailer. I personally am not too excited about another horror game (yawn). Seems like horror games are the cool trend now.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Awesome news!

I mentioned Giants as one of my best RTS in Strategy thread, and MDK , EarthwormJim were
ballin too. They had their unique vision and feel to them.

Now the Team is back ( PlanetMoon, Art , programmer leads) to make new game.

More similar to Giants Grin

http://www.first-wonder.com/

Sounds like KS is incoming, will make separate thread later.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Link to the full schedule and live events: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/gamescom-2014-live-streaming-schedule/

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive to XBox (No PS3/PS4/PC)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 August 2014 09:11 AM

Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive to XBox (No PS3/PS4/PC)

Probably exclusive like Ryse or Dead Rising 3. Still, they monethatted something, bad for the Tomb Raider franchise.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Square enix made a huge mistake there I think. One that will bite them in the ass later on.

Wasn’t a bad conference though. Nothing that really made me want a XB1 mind. Seems like we’ve got some more good indie games on the way though Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top