• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m reading on neogaf PT is a new Silent Hill by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro!?!?

What????????????? Amazing if true

Edit: So the demo game PT is a teaser for the new Silent Hills by Kojima with Norman Reedus from Walking Dead? Incredible Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 August 2014 06:37 PM

I’m reading on neogaf PT is a new Silent Hill by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro!?!?

What????????????? Amazing if true

Edit: So the demo game PT is a teaser for the new Silent Hills by Kojima with Norman Reedus from Walking Dead? Incredible Smile

Another Megaton, GC better than E3 confirmed.

I even tweeted requesting Kojima to bring SH, and the demo graphics sure looks like
Foxengine(so photorealistic i thought it was FMV). All the right SH vibes , the lady is random and that Sink, that sink.

Nightmare fuel.

Mikami, FatalFrame and now this.

Horror is Back! Heart

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Can I just repeat what I said earlier and say ms refuse to say anything other then TR is “coming to xbox this 2015”. Seems timed to me. Which is dumb.

Anyway, P.T is silent Hill, huh? Clever move by Kojima and Sony.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

All in all (so far): Meh!

Nothing really interesting, once again. Quantum Break, although I kind of knew it would be so, is looking too actiony for my tastes. I’m actually wishing Destiny didn’t come out soon (or just come for the frickin PC), so I wouldn’t have to worry about getting a console. I mean, I still don’t see anything really interesting coming for either console - at least for a long time. Even the Ancel thing… Just bring out Beyond Good & Evil 2 already Tongue

Is there any footage of the next Tomb Raider? I’m hoping it would finally be back to the good old days of Tomb Raider, but I admit I’m highly sceptical. (As for the (possible) exclusivity deal - people are blaming them to be idiots as if they didn’t know how their sales have gone. I’m sure they are perfectly aware of their sales and are making calculated risks and are getting a very good deal from MS. If it even is a full exclusive. This whole “exclusively on x/y!” thing is out of hand when the consoles don’t differ between timed and full exclusives)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You must have some really high standards if nothing presented was interesting to you Smile, the only problem I found is that most stuff is 2015 or more.
No footage of Tomb Raider, only still images, I doubt it will be anything different from last Tomb Raider/Uncharted.

Bioware/EA announced Shadow Realms, a 4vs1 online episodic “story”-driven RPG - looks like Secret World. ZZZzzzzzz…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Was it just me, or did it seem like there was more going on than E3 at this gamescom?

I wonder if the decline of the Japanese market has made them push harder in other regions instead…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 August 2014 06:43 AM

You must have some really high standards if nothing presented was interesting to you Smile, the only problem I found is that most stuff is 2015 or more.
No footage of Tomb Raider, only still images, I doubt it will be anything different from last Tomb Raider/Uncharted.

Bioware/EA announced Shadow Realms, a 4vs1 online episodic “story”-driven RPG - looks like Secret World. ZZZzzzzzz…

Yeah, same here, the breadth was amazing at Gamescom, if upcoming games lineup as a whole cannot satisfy one, nothing will. Not to mention TR is more generic than say WiLD and Rime , Lara will be killing machine again. Wink

Bioware online shit was expected.

Some updates,

SH could not be exclusive, P.T, meant playable teaser. The Silenthill trailer is revealed if you complete the demo successfully. Apparently its nightmare on loop and you have to complete all loops. The demo has no direct connection whatsoever with SH.

UntillDawn Game Demo was shown at the PS stream, very disappointed , looks cheap and rough. Copying HeavyRain type QTEs to define courses. Characters are so bad i hardly care if they live or not. Hype deflated.

TheTommChildren is voxel based thats a PLUS.

AC Rogue arctic naval gameplay is a looker. Land city gameplay is same shit Frown

Capturing Bloodborne playable demo is not allowed, major WTF, some beauty to cool down
the wait for leak.

:large
:large

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 August 2014 07:10 AM

SH could not be exclusive, P.T, meant playable teaser. The Silenthill trailer is revealed if you complete the demo successfully. Apparently its nightmare on loop and you have to complete all loops. The demo has no direct connection whatsoever with SH.

The demo is messed up (in a good way) it’s only a corridor that keeps looping, the player can only walk and zoom on stuff, but they play with lights, sounds to make it a really creepy atmosphere.
Played last night for an hour in the dark with headphones, not a very good idea Smile but really good scares. I’ve read it takes some hours to reach the ending, what has to be done is cryptic.

I think this video is the original player reachind the end on twitch

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 13 August 2014 06:51 AM

Was it just me, or did it seem like there was more going on than E3 at this gamescom?

I wonder if the decline of the Japanese market has made them push harder in other regions instead…

It does seem like Sony and Microsoft but out a stronger show this year, maybe because they have a lot to show for the new consoles and they had to space it out.
Indie presence is also amazing - so many titles with high production values

I’m still curious about what will happen at TGS, I think it’s turning into a mobile gaming show and unfortunately this year will be even more unless sony shows some PS4 and Vita stuff.

Saw a AC Unity stream… The interiors! It’s beautiful! Ubi done right doing AC different for each gen

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ghost of a Tale , another successful KS Indie

So cute.

Witcher3 Gamescom new Demo

Spencer confirms TR is timed

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

“Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn’t buy it. I don’t own the franchise.”

Can you tell us how long the duration is?

“No. It’s not because I’m trying to be a headfake on anybody. It’s a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I’m just not going to talk about because it’s a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn’t buy the IP in perpetuity.”

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I knew it. There’s a lot of word play going on that you have to watch out. Good find Nomadsoul.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Life is Strange footage is up on IGN, seems like Devs took their inspiration from
Blue is the warmest color and Gone home and mixed in with TTG.

Its Adventure game indeed, puzzles are automated in the form of button prompts,
though if you fail them, you can rewind time to do them right the second time.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Here’s the link:

Looks pretty interesting to me.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

wilco - 13 August 2014 06:43 AM

You are correct, sir! Tongue Nowadays I really do have fairly high standards.

Oh, there were certainly some games that might be interesting but I can’t ell without actually getting to see more of them. There certainly are interesting things coming - Night in the Woods, Dreamfall Chapters, Destiny etc. but not that much on display on those that I saw.

Horror is a definite no for me, as are most shooters, and on the other side of the spectrum I usually like games with strong stories, so many indies that are “just” platformers etc. don’t appeal to me either. Also, I don’t like games that do mostly just one thing.

And I absolutely detest the macho stuff that dominates AAA-games.

But, you know, there are also interesting (mainly indies) coming, just nothing much shown here, and nothing really new. And pretty much all interesting is only coming 2015+

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

MGS5 Phantom Pain gameplay:

It has a horse defecation command… You press a button and the horse poops… And it causes a car accident… Kojima is running out of ideas! Smile

It’s also coming out on PC along with Ground Zeroes! Another console exclusive goes down

@Uptimist
Tommorow Children, Ghost of a Tale, Ori, Bloodborne, MGS5, Volume, Rime! So many different stuff showed, but granted it’s mostly 2015, not a lot too look forward this year completely exclusive to next-gen consoles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top