• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNelzazobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disney has bought Lucasfilm/Lucasarts

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Sefir - 04 November 2012 04:04 AM

Seems we will have to get used to characters like Duck Vader (not to mention adventure games like Mickey Island)....

So where’s our princess Black Widow or prince Iron Man and the other ip’s/companies Disney owns? Everyone is blowing the whole purchase out of proportion. Hulk Mickey? the Black Smoke Genie from Lost? Yeah, Disney owns ABC, what about all the shows on there? Its a fun meme I guess but some people really are taking this above and beyond without thinking it through.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Monolith - 04 November 2012 04:20 AM

some people really are taking this above and beyond without thinking it through.

But it’s FUN!!! Grin
Just enjoy all the Mickey/Star Wars mashups while they last. They’re going to be shortlived anyway, Mr. Killjoy Buzzkill… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

TimovieMan is right. It’s quite funny! Grin I still like these posts when I see them on 9GAG even though I don’t agree with that general opinion. (Disney is more than capable of making great movies, as it has proven so far Wink )

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I lolled quite a bit at the planets/moons positioned in the shape of mickeys’ head Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

SweetDalilah - 04 November 2012 10:53 AM

TimovieMan is right. It’s quite funny! Grin I still like these posts when I see them on 9GAG even though I don’t agree with that general opinion. (Disney is more than capable of making great movies, as it has proven so far Wink )

Yeah I don’t know why people seem worried about the buyout, it’s not like anyone on Earth could mess up the franchise more than Lucas himself did with Episode I

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’m glad that the people in these forums have a sense of humour. In truth, I too can’t see how this whle Disney thing could make the things worst for either the nonexistent LucasArts incoming adventure projects or any Star Worse movies (Adventure mentioned that it can’t get worse than Episode I and I agree completely).

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

I didn’t know LucasArts was part of the deal. Anyway, I doubt anything will be done about the old classic LucasArts games, which the general public doesn’t really care much about. I’m also not expecting to see Guybrush Threepwood or Sam and Max in the Disney parks. I don’t think this deal really means anything for those old games.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I have a sense of humor. Its just people took the acquisition as an insult seriously. Just want to point out, a lot of these memes are a reflection of what people think.

First thing I thought of when it was announced….because mankind is doomed.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

What they will do:
Episodes VII, VIII and IX. Probably set 40 years after the Original Trilogy. Totally new story, no EU stuff.
Mark Hamill has also stated that he was informed about it along with Carrie Fisher by Lucas, so I guess, they’re supposed to be part of the Sequel Trilogy, as well as Harrison Ford.
Is that good news?
Yes it IS! =)

What I’d wish for:
To see LOOM in modern graphics and also finish the trilogy of the Age of the Great Guilds, as it was supposed to be in the beginning.
Have a Star Wars point-and-click adventure game (finally) and one more of Indiana Jones.
An Indy V - movie
Will my wishes come true?
Most likely, not… Except maybe for Indy V…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

scorp18 - 04 November 2012 05:30 PM

Will my wishes come true?
Most likely, not… Except maybe for Indy V…

Correct assessment, imo. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

lol Loving the Star Wars/Mickey pictures everywhere.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Here are some more Fantasysci Grin

and this one, which is too big to post here.

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

9gag has finally left its print on this forum. Its inescapable!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top