• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Headspun - An FMV/Adventure Hybrid Set in the Human Brain

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-08-22

PM

Hullo! Adventure Gamers recently shared a story on our upcoming FMV game Headspun, so I thought I’d jump on the boards here and share a few more details for people because - as of yesterday - the game is now available to play* (!).

Headspun is a FMV/Adventure/Visual Novel hybrid which explores the concept of the voices in our heads. It’s based on a psychological premise called The Chimp Paradox, which basically says our conscious and subconscious drives are often at odds, and in order to function effectively in society we’ve had to learn to ‘tame the chimp’. ANYWAY, Headspun basically takes that idea and runs with it, letting players take control of a business called Cortex as they manage the brain of a chap called Theo who’s recovering from a head trauma. 

...and it’s (sort of!) out now!

*Headspun: Dazed Edition is an early access version of the game. If you’re looking for a final, slick game experience and want to experience the story in its finished form - please wait for the full release. If you’re happy getting stuck into something unfinished and would like to involve yourself in the remainder of development, however - the Dazed Edition is for you (and will also secure your key for the full release).

We’re another month or so from the full launch (all being well), but I’d love to involve the Adventure Gamers community in the process of finishing the game as much as possible.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Give me a shout!

Jamin

Image Attachments

headspundazed.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2018-08-20

PM

This looks really interesting to me - I’m a sucker for FMV titles, so independent of everything else, I’m automatically intrigued!

Point and Click:  An Adventure Game Podcast
Direct Link (Podbean) | iTunes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top