• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Videos embedded in posts

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

What’s up with videos that are embedded in some (not all) posts lately? Always the last entry in the thread, and never has anything to do with the topic. When scrolling back up in the post, the video jumps to the right side, outside of the forum part of the screen. And when viewing a different thread, then coming back to the one that had the video, it’s gone.

Very annoying…

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Sounds like an ad.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Only if it’s an ad for AG! And they don’t show up if I’m logged in…

(clicky on the thumbnail)

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

...and now they’re showing up on the main forum (Home) page:

Image Attachments

embed_3.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Am I the only one seeing these videos? I really don’t think they’re ads as I’m using Adblocker Ultimate. And they’d have to be ads for Adventure Gamers because of the content.

And again, they only show up when I’m not logged on to the site. I’m on a Windows 10 PC, not mobile.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I see them if I open an incognito tab, but as I need to be logged in to moderate the site, they’re inconsequential to me.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m logged in but am getting this same video as Mike on every forum page I visit, usually in the middle of somebody’s post.  Also, in this thread there have been at least 3 other different video links just under your post, Dale.  One of them was Farming Simulator 23 Gameplay Trailer.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The video goes to Humix (adventuregamers.com/humix/video/).  Is this a misplaced ad or some kind of hack?  Whatever it is, it’s frustrating.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Humix is owned by the same company that provides the privacy and transparency options, Ezoic.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Apologies, the adpartner and myself have not seen eye to eye for a while. My goal is to remove all advertising entirely, but I have contractual obligations they are keeping me to.

Some of my defaults have been removed for some reason, as I’ve always set it to not show any form of advertising what so ever on the forums. I’ve gone through all settings again, and it -should- ensure there’s no trace of an ad anywhere on the forums (small delay before things get processed).

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you so much for taking care of this, CaliMonk!  All is well now.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks CaliMonk! Your attention to this is truly appreciated. Looks normal now!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top