• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that… uh, game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not Beyond: Two Souls, and not Ripper.

In a way, Iznogood is closer with his guess, though.

By “Hollywood talent” I mean one well-known (voice?) actor.
I’m not yet going to give away if this is FMV or not… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Then how about Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster ???
With Tim Curry

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not Frankenstein, not Tim Curry.

This actor has won (or been nominated for) multiple high-profile awards (BAFTAs, Globes, Oscars).
He’s not really one of the main characters in the game, but serves more of a narrator-y role.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Myst 3: Exile?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not a Myst game.

Apparently I’m not fooling anyone with my suggestion that it might not be an FMV game.
Alright then, it’s indeed an FMV game. Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 12 September 2014 06:58 PM

This actor has won (or been nominated for) multiple high-profile awards (BAFTAs, Globes, Oscars).
He’s not really one of the main characters in the game, but serves more of a narrator-y role.

Okay that immediately made me think of James Earl Jones as the Great PI in the Sky, BUT since Under a Killing Moon can hardly be described as

TimovieMan - 12 September 2014 04:15 PM

This psychic thriller had alternative endings…

then I’m instead going to take a complete stab in the dark with: Psychic Detective which at least seems to be a FMV psychic thriller with alternative endings.
Though if is this the right one, then I have absolutely no idea who the actor is you are talking about.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s a bit more recent than Psychic Detective, but it can equally be described as an interactive movie rather than a game.

And the actor is not James Earl Jones.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oookaaayyy… I haven’t given up yet, if nothing else than I think I can solve this by brute force, after all there aren’t that many interactive movies Wink

How about John Hurt as Dr. Turner in Tender Loving Care???

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2013-03-08

PM

It is not Black Dahlia, is it?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 13 September 2014 07:13 AM

How about John Hurt as Dr. Turner in Tender Loving Care???

*ding ding ding*

Give that boy a cookie!

I was indeed looking for Tender Loving Care and the actor is indeed John Hurt.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That was a though one, I had actually never heard of this game before I started looking at a list of interactive movies - thanks wikipedia, I couldn’t have done this without your help. I don’t assume you have actually played this Tim, but just in case, is it any good?

Staying somewhat on the same topic:

This game has a narrator clearly inspired by / that pays homage to a famous Hollywood person

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 13 September 2014 09:50 PM

I don’t assume you have actually played this Tim, but just in case, is it any good?

I haven’t played it, but what I’ve read about the game (here and elsewhere) can be summed up as “a mixed bag”. It’ll probably depend on your tolerance for the varying quality of the acting and writing, and a lack of gameplay…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Iznogood - 13 September 2014 09:50 PM

This game has a narrator clearly inspired by / that pays homage to a famous Hollywood person

A narration that pays homage to a famous hollywood person…
Hmmm…the first Hollywood person that comes to mind when I think of a distinct voice that serves well for naration is Morgan Freeman.

Second line in my reasoning would be to find a game that has a narrator with a style that is akin to firstmentioned actor. Game that comes to mind: Stanley Parable.

Never played the game and it’s basically a shot in the dark.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 14 September 2014 01:01 PM

Hmmm…the first Hollywood person that comes to mind when I think of a distinct voice that serves well for naration is Morgan Freeman.

Which is exactly why this got parodied in Family Guy…

Edit: I just watched a video of The Stanley Parable and the narration reminds me more of Stephen Fry’s narration (and more specifically his narration in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy).
Which makes it still a possible answer to Izno’s question… Grin

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Not the Stanley Parable Frown though it is a great game whatever it is.

And the person being paid homage to is neither Morgan Freeman nor Stephen Fry but instead:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top