• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

No problem from my side.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The Cat Lady is very easy and most people seem to play the week worth in a couple of days, so I’d think people can spare time for casual playthrough too. Though I’m not really a regular in casual playthroughs.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A suggestion (don’t know what others will make of this). Start voting for the casual playthrough when the adventure playthrough starts its final sequence/chapter. Hold the vote over the next 7 days as the adventure playthrough ends. Then start the casual playthrough as the adventure playthrough is wrapping up and starting to vote for the next adventure game.

Just brainstorming here.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would like to agree, but I cant. When the suggestion for the next AGCPT came up, I suggested taking a break. TimovieMan was the only one that agreed. I can only extrapolate that there is never going to be a break in the AGCPT. So waiting for one, which will allow for a three-week casual playthrough to slip between the cracks isn’t going to happen.

Either there will be enough people willing to play both at the same time or we just fold the concept until there is a lull in the AG arena.

Edit: The CCPT must stand on its own. It can’t depend on whatever else is happening. That is a retraction of what I said in the first message.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m available.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 16 July 2015 10:47 PM

I can only extrapolate that there is never going to be a break in the AGCPT. So waiting for one, which will allow for a three-week casual playthrough to slip between the cracks isn’t going to happen.

Actually, the nomination and voting process between the AGCPTs takes about two-three weeks, so I kinda like Becky’s suggestion.

Having said that, I give the casual CPT priority when participating (because I can more easily fit in half-hour sessions than longer sessions, and I’m more reluctant to take a smaller session for an AG than for a casual).
In other words, I’m available, as I’d only risk falling behind in the regular CPT instead of this one. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I checked out TimmovieMan’s observation that there’s quite a bit of time between AG playthroughs. This varies a lot, depending on how much discussion there is at the end, how long the voting takes in between, and how much trouble people are having finding and getting the next game to run.

Between the “now you can finish” instruction on the wrapping-up of a game and the “now you can start” to begin the next game:

Gray Matter to Syberia: 21 days
Syberia to Discworld: 25 days
Discworld to The Whispered World: 17 days
The Whispered World to Toonstruck: 20 days
Toonstruck to Scratches: 40 days
Scratches to The Cat Lady: 41 days

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’m available also.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also have time for a new CCPT.

Regarding Becky’s suggestion, then there is as such nothing wrong with it, but I don’t think the CCPT schedule should depend on the schedule of the AGCPT. If they end up overlapping each other, then so be it, and for me personally, the pace is slow enough that I can participate in both at the same time.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! I guess there are enough players to make this a go.

Following are the games that received at least one vote for the last playthrough. None are nominated for this round until somebody does so. Based on comments, I wager that TimovieMan will nominate F.A.C.E.S. which I will volunteer to lead.

Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen
9: The Dark Side
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
F.A.C.E.S
Depths of Betrayal
Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

Some of these games, similar to S2 on the AGCPT voting thread, seem to live forever without ever making it to the finals. I plan to nominate some newer games. I hope that others who have recently played something that they’ve fallen in love with will do the same.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Based on the Casual Friday posts, I’d like to nominate Shiver - Poltergeist, Calavera - Day of the Dead and Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make. Unless the more experienced players here feel that Shiver and Surface require back-to-back CPTs of two games in the series???

And I’d like to vote for 9: The Dark Side, Depths of Betrayal, and I’ll raise both my hands when voting for F.A.C.E.S. in the hopes that my vote counts double. Grin

Casual Friday is a hell of a thing. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Voting/Nominations as of June 18

2 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader), TimovieMan
2 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim
2 F.A.C.E.S. TimovieMan, Tim
1 Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make Timovieman
1 9: The Dark Side TimovieMan
1 Depths of Betrayal TimovieMan
1 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen Tim

There should be no concern about the need to play the Shiver and Surface games back to back. Two totally different game series. I know I said I would lead F.A.C.E.S., but I noticed that Lady K had offered to lead it during voting for the last CCPT. I’m her backup if she has changed her mind. I’m willing to lead some of the others, but would like to see if someone wants to step up first.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 18 July 2015 10:55 AM

There should be no concern about the need to play the Shiver and Surface games back to back. Two totally different game series.

I meant two Shiver games or two Surface games back-to-back, of course. Wink

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Unlike the Enigmatis games that had the same characters, or the Dire Grove games that had different characters, but shared the same location, neither the Shiver games nor, particularly the Surface games share game-to-game continuity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I vote for Shiver - Poltergeist and F.A.C.E.S.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top