• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I am a newbie to the community playthrough but I have played most of the nominees. I vote for Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen, 9: The Dark Side, and Namariel Legends: Iron Lord.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I remember a comment or two from you in the Casual Games thread. Welcome to this thread. With your vote, we only need one more for Lost Lands and we will have a tie.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote totals as of May 5.

6 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim - Leader, Lady Kestrel - leader, TimovieMan, Becky, Colpet, Sefir)
5 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen (Tim - leader, Becky, Sefir, furgotten, Cluelass)
3 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, Sefir, furgotten, Cluelass)
3 Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky - leader, Sefir, furgotten)
3 F.A.C.E.S (Lady Kestrel - leader, Sefir, Tim)
1 Depths of Betrayal (TimovieMan)
1 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim - leader)
1 Namariel Legends: Iron Lord (Becky - leader, Cluelass)
  Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father

A new voice is heard from. Cluelass has joined us. And her vote brings us within one vote of a tie. (Which in this case, I like. As much as I would like to see Lady K lead the second Dire Grove, I think Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen is a better game than the first Dire Grove. (The first Dire Grove has, far and away, the most difficult puzzles, but also has far and away many, many more HO scenes.

I think crabapple and Dara100 are the only two I recall that have not put in an appearance.

As for Iznogood, and any other who may be waiting in the wings, the magic mantra is YOU DON’T DIE IF YOU VOTE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, just looked for the Dire Grove games at BigFish and finally realized that they’re Mystery Case Files games.

Cool, been curious about those for a while now… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 06 May 2015 06:55 AM

Heh, just looked for the Dire Grove games at BigFish and finally realized that they’re Mystery Case Files games.

Cool, been curious about those for a while now… Cool

Sorry about that. Similar to using JULIA or Overclocked instead of their full titles in the other PT thread. I just assumed people would know they were Mystery Case Files games. Or, if not, they would be easy to find using Dire Grove in the search field.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote totals as of May 6.

6 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim - Leader, Lady Kestrel - leader, TimovieMan, Becky, Colpet, Sefir)
5 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen (Tim - leader, Becky, Sefir, furgotten, Cluelass)
3 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, Sefir, furgotten, Cluelass)
3 Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky - leader, Sefir, furgotten)
3 F.A.C.E.S (Lady Kestrel - leader, Sefir, Tim)
1 Depths of Betrayal (TimovieMan)
1 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim - leader)
1 Namariel Legends: Iron Lord (Becky - leader, Cluelass)
  Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father

As for Iznogood, and any others who may be waiting in the wings, the magic mantra is YOU DON’T DIE IF YOU VOTE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 06 May 2015 12:29 PM

I just assumed people would know they were Mystery Case Files games. Or, if not, they would be easy to find using Dire Grove in the search field.

Well, they were easy to find using Dire Grove in the search field. And then I noticed they’re MCF. Which I consider a good thing, so don’t apologize. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There were no changes to the vote today. If there are no changes by tomorrow, I’ll be announcing the obvious winner sometime tomorrow afternoon my time.

I should also mention, for those who don’t already know it, just because you didn’t vote for the winning game doesn’t mean you can’t participate in the playthrough. And, for that matter, if you are a late-comer, and didn’t vote at all, you are still very welcome to join us in the playthrough.

The more, the merrier, not to mention the better the discussion.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And the Dire Grove duo it is!

Because the ADCPT started today, and the fact that quite a few of the casual playthough players are also participating in the AGCPT, I’m going to give them a few days head start. Expect to see the Dire Grove playthrough thread up and running by this coming Wednesday.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 09 May 2015 05:52 PM

Because the ADCPT started today, and the fact that quite a few of the casual playthough players are also participating in the AGCPT, I’m going to give them a few days head start.

Basically, 5 out of the 6 Dire Grove voters   Tongue

Thumbs Up anyway…

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Looking forward to it!  Smile

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I have a question. I’ve got both MCF games, but the latest one is the CE version. Can I still play along?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Absolutely. Up until the end of the SE version, the games are identical. So we all will be playing the SE version. The those who are lucky enough to have the CE version will tell the rest of us what we missed. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The thread Casual Playthrough #9 - Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove is up and running. Please check in there when you have the game loaded.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m wondering if it’s time for a new Casual Game Community Playthrough. Seeing that more than a few of the regular participants are currently participating in the Adventure Game Community Playthrough, I thought it best to ask. If they are too tied up in the AGCPT to participate in a CGCPT then we are better off waiting a bit.

Let me know your availability.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top