• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CelesteGBGabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #28: Gray Matter

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

UPtimist - 03 August 2014 04:05 PM

It’s not a coincidence, I’ve checked Wink Every line has an anagram somewhwere (usually (or always, can’t remember) in the end) and C Railer Swoll is an anagram of Lewis Carroll

I will take your word for it, and… eh… that ‘C Railer Swoll’ anagram is really so obvious that even I should have seen it

(Did I mention that I suck at anagrams?)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Iznogood - 03 August 2014 04:17 PM
UPtimist - 03 August 2014 04:05 PM

It’s not a coincidence, I’ve checked Wink Every line has an anagram somewhwere (usually (or always, can’t remember) in the end) and C Railer Swoll is an anagram of Lewis Carroll

I will take your word for it, and… eh… that ‘C Railer Swoll’ anagram is really so obvious that even I should have seen it

Like I said before, I know how that feels - I barely got the full thing on my first playthrough, only after I finished the puzzle if I remember Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

and… eh… that ‘C Railer Swoll’ anagram is really so obvious that even I should have seen it

Gaaaa!!! We’ve been blinded by the obvious!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 03 August 2014 04:49 PM

and… eh… that ‘C Railer Swoll’ anagram is really so obvious that even I should have seen it

Yes! Looking back at it its painfull…

Maybe if it was Lowas Cirrell I could have got it Confused

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 03 August 2014 04:49 PM

Well, then here you go:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Some random “excerpts” from my “Print-screen album”: Grin

Worst. Red Herring. Ever.

Stop it!

Fast inventory scrolling, anyone?

If this was “Match that screen” thread.

If this was was “Match that screen with a movie” thread.

Gaaaaabe!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That lazy sun reminds me of Memento Mori (OK, I’m stopping with the game comparison!)

Why I don’t have these contacts in-game? I feel cheated!

If this was “Match t…” ... OK, OK!

Gaaaaabe!

I’m possum…

Did you notice the spider in the upper right corner?

Because it wasn’t there before! Or am I going crazy?!

OK, this is the last one, I swear!

Anyone got the full bonus?

Eyes Wide Shut…

Speaking of Tom Cruise...

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

but after finding of Sams “betrayal” he just thinks he is being played and everything at the college is a sham

Now, this I find very interesting - I never thought about it this way. I find that although I myself never felt this to be true, it is a very interesting way for David to feel.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 03 August 2014 07:49 PM

Eyes Wide Shut…

I do like how Styles fits in perfectly in the Daedalus Club as everybody is wearing a mask here.

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 04 August 2014 11:06 AM

I do like how Styles fits in perfectly in the Daedalus Club as everybody is wearing a mask here.

My thoughts exactly! He didn’t need to wear a costume or a mask! On the other hand, did anyone find intriguing that the Daedalus Club was expecting him personally? The very same victim of Sam’s Grand Game? (at least that’s what the DC thinks)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 31 July 2014 07:48 PM

Puzzle-wise, despite being a short chapter it still managed to annoy me in the lab puzzle - Again with lack of direction and sense - an expert in Neurology needs to print out an anatomy atlas so see what that part of the brain is…

Hehe… The game managed to stump me twice now, because I haven’t checked the computer files. Like I said, if Gray Matter will teach my anything, it’s to read carefully every bit of a document in adventure games. (again and again Wink) Grin

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 04 August 2014 01:11 PM

On the other hand, did anyone find intriguing that the Daedalus Club was expecting him personally? The very same victim of Sam’s Grand Game? (at least that’s what the DC thinks)

Intriguing, but not unexpected.
Mephistopheles has been keeping an eye on what is going on, and that poster has to have been put up by someone, most likely Mephistopheles as an invitation to Styles.

diego - 04 August 2014 07:15 PM

Like I said, if Gray Matter will teach my anything, it’s to read carefully every bit of a document in adventure games. (again and again Wink) Grin

I thought that would have been a lesson you learned many years ago Wink
Though not common in many new games, it was very common requirement in older games.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 05 August 2014 08:16 AM

I thought that would have been a lesson you learned many years ago Wink
Though not common in many new games, it was very common requirement in older games.

Yeah, but I’m not speaking of simply checking the every document you stumble upon - what I’m saying is that I was TWICE hopelessly stuck in Gray Matter only because I’ve disregarded computer as something that needs to be inspected, because I already did it before. But in GM, the files I’ve already seen in previous chapters, are necessary to be seen again in the light of new information and chapter context Angry Tongue

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

wilco - 31 July 2014 07:48 PM

Puzzle-wise, despite being a short chapter it still managed to annoy me in the lab puzzle - Again with lack of direction and sense - an expert in Neurology needs to print out an anatomy atlas so see what that part of the brain is…

This struck me as being extremely weird as well. You wouldn’t think he’d need that basic a brush-up.

Sefir - 04 August 2014 01:11 PM

On the other hand, did anyone find intriguing that the Daedalus Club was expecting him personally? The very same victim of Sam’s Grand Game? (at least that’s what the DC thinks)

I’m not sure that’s what the DC (as a whole) was thinking. Styles was recognized by the “trickster” doorman (third character in the game with a Scottish accent, though I suppose that’s pretty common), and then Styles spoke to someone else at the club who may or may not have known who he was—at least, that’s how I interpreted the conversation. (Personally, I agree that this other guy DOES know who Styles is.) The person Styles spoke to at some length may have been trying to cause a ruckus between Styles and Sam. Or he may have been an innocent speaking off the cuff. Probably the former, IMHO. I find his clothing suspicious. Naughty

I finally identified the mask that’s part of the interface for Sam’s chapters. She uses it in her magic act and she calls it “Phoebus.”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My thoughts exactly! He didn’t need to wear a costume or a mask! On the other hand, did anyone find intriguing that the Daedalus Club was expecting him personally?

Yes, Styles fit right in inside the Daedalus Club - this part of the chapter amazed me. The whole Daedalus Club event I was intrigued by - I was starting to really wonder WHAT exactly was going on during this part of the chapter.

When I finally finished chapter 7 - I really wanted to play chapter 8 immediately—to get some answers - but I’m going to wait of course until we are given the signal to proceed.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top