• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

I’ve played about 40% and I’m loving it so far. It definitely has the same charm as BS1. I love the backgrounds and character graphics, the story began quite slowly but now it’s getting really interesting. I think technically this game is good, loading times are non-existant and interactions are really snappy.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So I have complete Moebius and is now ready for BS5.

The big question is of course, should I replay the first episode to get into the game and refresh what happened in the first episode, or should I rely on my excellent failing memory and hope that it doesn’t spoil anything to jump right into the middle of the game like this?

Any thoughts?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

Iznogood - 19 April 2014 02:52 PM

The big question is of course, should I replay the first episode to get into the game and refresh what happened in the first episode, or should I rely on my excellent failing memory and hope that it doesn’t spoil anything to jump right into the middle of the game like this?

Any thoughts?

I jumped straight in and picked up what was going on, but I imagine that, if you’re up for it, replaying the first part would be of benefit and you’ll probably get a better sense of pace in the story.

So, not absolutely necessary, but probably beneficial.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Any thoughts?

I said back in this thread the game just throws you back into the action, so I was a bit confused at the beginning but with a bit of a quick replay of some parts (like Karlok suggested) just to remember what was happening and some characters.

Total Posts: 1667

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Any thoughts?

You should wait for about 4-5 years and then start from chapter 1.  Crazy

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Why dont you simply skim through a playthrough on youtube and listen to the most poignant dialogue.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just finished this game and I loved it!  I needed to watch a youtube version to get that hieroglyphics puzzle but, mostly, I could figure it out. I thought it was funny what they had for dinner that night. I guess some people thought it was terrible, but, that is what people eat and I thought it a fitting end. It definitely was a well-made game with no long loading times, no terribly long dialogues and good puzzles. I would give it a 4/5.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 19 April 2014 03:12 PM

I said back in this thread the game just throws you back into the action, so I was a bit confused at the beginning but with a bit of a quick replay of some parts (like Karlok suggested) just to remember what was happening and some characters.

Thanks, I think I will do exactly that.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Just finished the game. I hadn’t enjoyed the first episode that much but the second episode is much nicer. The story really progresses and there’s a lot more action. Ending was quite good, I’m really glad I backed this game.

Overall, I’d give it 4.5, it’s maybe only a tad less good than the first two episodes but it’s definitely a very good game. The graphics are gorgeous, the story is quite good once it picks up in the second episode (the first episode was a bit boring though), the characters dynamic is good, I really liked Shears as a character. There’s really nothing to complain about except maybe a bit of a slow start.

I would have preferred it to have a hotspot highlighter and no hints but that’s mostly because I tend to be very bad at searching hotspots in screens and I really hate pixel hunting (or hidden object games). So, usually if I play a game like Book of Unwritten Tales or Moebius with hotspot highlighting, I never look at walkthroughs. On the other hand, if there’s no way for me to know what I can interact with I quickly lose patience and resort to hints (especially when it’s made so easily accessible like in Broken Sword). It’s a minor nitpick, but I think I would have enjoyed the game even more if they had added that.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I’m gonna start today. How would you say the length is. Much shorter than ep1 or roughly the same length?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The second part is a bit longer as it has a couple of harder puzzles in it. I went through the first part in about 4 hours without using the hintsystem, on the second part I was compelled to use as I got stuck on a couple of puzzles. Even then I used well over 5 hours on it.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

tomimt - 20 April 2014 05:09 AM

The second part is a bit longer as it has a couple of harder puzzles in it. I went through the first part in about 4 hours without using the hintsystem, on the second part I was compelled to use as I got stuck on a couple of puzzles. Even then I used well over 5 hours on it.

Ah cheers. Something to look forward to then (as if I hadn’t already)

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’m surprised by how much I failed to enjoy this, considering I like the first episode. The story is just silly, really silly, and anyone who criticises Moebius has to find it ridiculous. George is incredibly annoying by the end and I found myself wishing I could play the eminently more sensibly drawn and less ridiculous Nico for more than 1 or 2 minutes, which the game didn’t let me do. The puzzles? Well the goat puzzle near the end is up there with the GK3 cat puzzle, and that’s saying a lot. Overall forgettable even though ep 1 showed some promise. Anyone suggesting it will go down in history anywhere near BS1 is full of… well, BS! It will be much closer to the Runaway series, which it now looks very similar to as well.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Meh, each to their own. I don’t see how George got annoying, he just does what he always does. Broken Sword has always had this type of story, so it’s no surprise to see it continued in 5 -  although, perhaps a change could do some good in the next installment. The more I hear and see of moebius, the more I think its a train wreck.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-04-18

PM

Finished episode 2 and loved the whole game overall. The humour (I have to confess that I tried to show Trevor the Cockroach to everyone, at every opportunity, just to hear their response), the storyline, and the wonderful art and animation.

I suppose I could do without someone saying they will renounce their job all of a sudden to become a religious leader but otherwise I had a big smile on my face after the game ends.

Oh, and Shears simply must return in Broken Sword 6.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top