• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 05 May 2014 03:54 PM

BTW, aren’t those games with the narrator *sort* of 2nd-person as well, because, for example, the narrator is talking about Larry like Larry is you, and not about Larry as he’s him, if you get my drift. Grin

Not always. Gabriel Knight 1 for example.

And aren’t Samorost-like (not Machinarium) games also kind of 2nd-persons in that sense you’re sort of a “god” who interacts with the surroundings?

Huh?

Name 2 adventure games where you visit the zoo. (yeah, I’ve been to the zoo today!)

I used to love zoos. Not anymore. Frown
I can answer the question, but I won’t cause right now I can’t think of a new one.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 05 May 2014 03:54 PM

About 2nd-person - GK3 of course! I completely forgot you can move the camera regardless of the main character’s movement. BTW, aren’t those games with the narrator *sort* of 2nd-person as well, because, for example, the narrator is talking about Larry like Larry is you, and not about Larry as he’s him, if you get my drift. Grin

Yes. QFG might be a better example because The Hero doesn’t talk, while the idea of Larry being 100% “me” is kinda disturbing! Frown

And aren’t Samorost-like (not Machinarium) games also kind of 2nd-persons in that sense you’re sort of a “god” who interacts with the surroundings?

I think so. I don’t know *what* you are in those games. I’m pretty sure the creators of Botanicula were on lots of psychedelic drugs (the mushroom character is a clue).

Name 2 adventure games where you visit the zoo. (yeah, I’ve been to the zoo today!)

Sherlock Holmes - Serrated Scalpel
Secret Files 2

Name 2 adventure games with 2d characters but 3d backgrounds (this might be tough, I can only think of one!)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 05 May 2014 09:22 PM

Huh?

You know, you click on a remote part of the screen, and something happens - which isn’t related to the main character’s actions, meaning we don’t see him/her going to that part of the screen.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 06 May 2014 06:18 AM

Sherlock Holmes - Serrated Scalpel
Secret Files 2

How could I forget the Serrated Scalpel! (Mine was GK2, Herr Doktor Klingmann and his missing wolves.)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Zifnab - 06 May 2014 06:18 AM

Name 2 adventure games with 2d characters but 3d backgrounds (this might be tough, I can only think of one!)

I think,
Clandestiny and
Full moon in San Francisco

Name 3 games with a compass

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Dracula 5: The Blood Legacy
Gothos
Death Gate

Name 3 games in which you carry an animal around in your inventory

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Day of the Tentacle (hamster)
The Secret of Monkey Island (chicken)
The Feeble Files (fish and wild cat)

Name 3 games in which you have to deal with a dangerous plant.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jack Keane, Tales of Monkey Island, Toonstruck

Name 3 games in which a human characters gets transformed to an animal.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bad Mojo, King’s Quest 7, Eric the Unready

Name 3 games with a bull in them!

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

King’s quest 7 (Fernando Bull Laughing )
Road to El Dorado (El Diablo)
Al Emmo

And…  there’s the bull’s horns and tail statues in FoA, Bull’s Head Hill in BS1 , or a guy named Bull in 3 skull of the toltecs . Laughing Crazy

Name 3 ag’s that aren’t in the AG game scene…uh game threads
. (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself! Crazy )

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Valiant Hearts, The Wolf Among Us, Lifeless Planet

Aka something too new…..

Name 3 AG’s that are talking about environmental problems!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

EcoQuest, A New Beginning, Obsidian

Name 5 AG’s where you need to break out of a jail cell (or dungeon) at one point.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The Secret of Monkey Island
The Whispered World
Machinarium
1954 Alcatraz
Discworld Noir

Name 3 AGs where in the end, the bad guy actually wins!!

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Simon the Sorcerer 2
Tex Overseer
Dreamfall

Mostly cliffhangers, now that I think of it.

Next
Name 2 scenes or locations in 2 ag’s(not same series) that have the same song.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Rossini’s William Tell Overture plays both at the beginning of Day of the Tentacle, and in Toonstruck at the Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun place. Tongue

Name 3 games in which the main character, at some point, takes a music instrument and plays it (or he tries)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top