• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeLittleRoseSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough No # 24: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I replayed Benny tonight (I had to since I needed a save for the better ending since I f*d up the Gorrister chapter) and managed to get the white portrait. Only thing I can think of doing differently is not trying to eat stuff. Only trying the fruit once so I can give one to the mother. I am fairly certain I didn’t use the wrong discussion topics in the earlier playthrough so this must have made the difference.

Other thoughts about this chapter still:
[spoiler]I didn’t really pay much attention to the whole robot theme since everything seemed to be made of electronics, even all the plants. It can symbolise all kinds of things that I am not really even that interested to pursue. I did think that perhaps the boy wasn’t a robot/android/whatever. Did anyone let him be sacrificed to see did he end up in a pile of debris?[/spoiler]

It broke my heart though that we gave the boy his mother’s head for the doll. That’s just… so horrible and sweet at the same time.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

millenia - 27 October 2013 03:00 PM

Did anyone let him be sacrificed to see did he end up in a pile of debris?

I’m not sure if that was even an option, at least it wasn’t for me.

I thought it was a bit creepy at the end when the boy offers the doll as a token of appreciation and Benny mutates right before our eyes by growing a third arm to accept it. Right back at ya Benny.

As for the difference between the green and white endings, in my case it turned to be dialogue related. When speaking to the three graves (after saving the boy) you get dinged by selecting the first choice which is essentially an excuse of sort.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

RayB - 27 October 2013 04:53 PM

I’m not sure if that was even an option, at least it wasn’t for me.

I thought it was a bit creepy at the end when the boy offers the doll as a token of appreciation and Benny mutates right before our eyes by growing a third arm to accept it. Right back at ya Benny.

I thought it might not be possible at all, yes. Just wondering if anyone even tried.

And haha, I didn’t even catch the part in spoiler tags, I had so many graphical glitches that honestly I didn’t pay attention to that. Good thing someone mentioned this.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

hey guys. sorry but I’m out. I haven’t even begun with Ted. I was lurking for three playthroughs and waited like forever to play this game. And was really anticipating my first playthrough but that’s the law of nature. I have some bad shit going on right now and I have neither the time nor the desire to play any game. Some time later I’ll finish the game and maybe I’ll comment on the long forgotten thread. Have fun finishing it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Nimdok’s chapter.

Very good. At first I was disappointed that it was really short, even shorter than Bennys, but trying to get the white picture made it much more interesting. Nice puzzles and dark backstory that is only revealed if you get the white picture ending.
I liked that you could end the chapter without doing stuff like reviving the golem but it clearly showed that you were missing something and what was needed, so I immediately went back and tried to figure out how to get those eyes on the golem.

It’s definitely the darker chapter, dealing with some heavy themes - the whole Regime/genocide/torture… - easy to see why it was banned in Germany. I was shocked when the game actuaaly allowed to perform the surgery on the child and immediately reloaded and stabbed the other doctor!

The ending part - the mirror that showed the real self (and made the Leader kill himself) was an excellent touch. Also interesting that there was no true redemption to Nimdok at the end except “suicide”, the crimes has been too atrocious…

Connection to the other chapters I found The Genetics experiments in lab with Benny’s stuff

My ranking of the chapters would be

Gorrister - Nimdok - Ellen/Benny—————————Ted Smile

At the end, it seems like an excellent choice of order Sefir! with all the connections.

Total Posts: 2994

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 29 October 2013 06:38 AM

Connection to the other chapters I found The Genetics experiments in lab with Benny’s stuff

My ranking of the chapters would be

Gorrister - Nimdok - Ellen/Benny—————————Ted Smile

At the end, it seems like an excellent choice of order Sefir! with all the connections.

Thanks.
Also notice that it was through the Nazi experiments that the “milky, white fluid that extends life” we saw in Gorrister’s chapter was first discovered. As Surgat told to Ted: “AM cannot create himself. He lacks the originality. It was a specific team of your species that gave him the idea” (or something similar).

My ranking of the chapters is

Gorrister (slightly better executed than Nimdok’s with better riddles) - Nimdok - Benny - Ted - Ellen

The ending part - the mirror that showed the real self (and made the Leader kill himself) was an excellent touch. Also interesting that there was no true redemption to Nimdok at the end except “suicide”, the crimes has been too atrocious…

I prefered to show the mirror to Dr Mengele (he froze in fear) and gave the control of the Golem to the Lost Tribe. White portrait achieved of course.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also manage to finish Nimdok’s chapter now, apart from replaying Benny’s to get the white portrait Smile

Very good. At first I was disappointed that it was really short, even shorter than Bennys, but trying to get the white picture made it much more interesting. Nice puzzles and dark backstory that is only revealed if you get the white picture ending.

You don’t need to get the white portrait to get the full backstory, at least not all the major parts of the backstory. In fact on my first try I only got a dark green portrait and I still got all the major parts of the backstory, only some small details wasn’t revealed on my first try.

This chapter is anything but straightforward and there is many thing that can prevent you from getting the white portrait, even a small insignificant thing like walking out of the wrong door at the wrong time, or more accurately failing to walk out of the right door at the right time, can cause you to miss a whole scene and prevent you from getting the white end. Somewhat similar to Gorister’s chapter but instead of being different alternatives you can chose, then it is more a question of there being a lot of things you can easily miss or do wrong. And it did took me quite a long time to figure out how to get the eyes past the prisoner, at first I though it wasn’t possible and I had to find an alternative solution to the Golem.

Also interesting that there was no true redemption to Nimdok at the end except “suicide”, the crimes has been too atrocious…

Yeah, combined with the fact that I on my original playthrough never managed to get the white portrait for Nimdok, then it had lead me to believe that it was not possible to get a white portrait for Nimdok because it wasn’t possible to get full redemption with him. I still think it would have worked a bit better if this had been the case.

Also it makes me wonder why the h… it wasn’t possible to get that white portrait for Ellen, it really doesn’t make any sense, unless there is still something we don’t know about her?

Sefir - 29 October 2013 08:54 AM

Also notice that it was through the Nazi experiments that the “milky, white fluid that extends life” we saw in Gorrister’s chapter was first discovered. As Surgat told to Ted: “AM cannot create himself. He lacks the originality. It was a specific team of your species that gave him the idea” (or something similar).

Lets not also forget that the ovens is shown on the monitor in Ellen’s chapter, and that the mirror is the same mirror that is used in Ted’s chapter. In Nimdok’s chapter there is a reference or connection to all the other protagonist chapters.

Also unlike the other protagonists it is very clear why Nimdok has been chosen by AM, not because of the monstrosities he has committed in his past, but because of the part he has played in discovering the technologies that AM is using.

In this chapter it is also revealed that there is “A lost tribe of our brothers sleeping on the moon! They sleep in darkness, unseen by the beast.”, or put in other words that we might be the last humans alive on earth, but there are still some left on the moon, in stasis or hibernation, that AM isn’t aware of! I wonder it this is what Tim would describe as:

TimovieMan - 04 October 2013 03:40 AM

Unless there’s an ass-pull that deviates from the short story, of course. Tongue

I guess he can only answer that himself, if or when he catches up. 

It’s definitely the darker chapter, dealing with some heavy themes - the whole Regime/genocide/torture… - easy to see why it was banned in Germany. I was shocked when the game actuaaly allowed to perform the surgery on the child and immediately reloaded and stabbed the other doctor!

It is definitely a dark chapter but comparing it to Benny’s, which I think is obvious because they are the two bad guys, then it still made less of an impact one me, and I think there is two reasons for it.

First of all, none of this really comes as any surprise to us, it has already been revealed right from the start of the game who Nimdok was and what he had done in his past. In fact I thought that this whole part was downplayed a bit, they could easily have shown many worse things and gone overboard in gore and monstrosities, but they actually kept this to a bare minimum. Compare this to Benny’s chapter where even though there are also hints to his backstory, then it turns out to be worse then anything we could imagine from the hints, well worse then what I imagine from the hints and remembered from my first playthrough at least.

Secondly it is clear that the doctor is no longer the same man that committed these monstrosities, not only does he have amnesia and can’t remember what he had done, but he also immediately recognizes it for the monstrosities that it is, and wouldn’t dream of participating in such a thing - except of course that he already has - but he doesn’t know that. (I never tried to actually perform the surgery on the boy and didn’t know it was possible, had I tried it then it might have change my opinion on the good doctor) Whereas Benny basically starts right where he left things a 109 years ago, still the same bastard he was before all of this happened.

Continued in next post

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Even though Nimdok’s chapter is more challenging and the puzzles work better, then I overall still prefer Benny’s chapter, if for no other reason simply because it was weirder.

My final ranking of the protagonist chapters is: Gorrister, Benny, Nimdok, Ted and Ellen, but the final chapter is coming up and that is as I recall both weirder and better than the protagonist chapters.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just finished Nimdok’s chapter in less than an hour. I didn’t get too much from the story but reading comments so far it looks like I’ve missed out quite a lot! I tried killing the anaesthetist which sent me back to the beginning, then I did perform surgery on the boy as there didn’t seem to be any alternative at the time. I didn’t revive the golem & finished the chapter by walking through the ‘wailing wall’.
I think I’ll have to replay this chapter to get more sense out of it!

The other thing I’ve stupidly done is not play through the chapters continuously so I’m going to have to replay a few of the other chapters to get the end game!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 03 November 2013 03:56 AM

I’ve just finished Nimdok’s chapter in less than an hour. I didn’t get too much from the story but reading comments so far it looks like I’ve missed out quite a lot! ... I think I’ll have to replay this chapter to get more sense out of it!

Yeah I also had to play this chapter a couple of times before I got everything right.

chrissie - 03 November 2013 03:56 AM

The other thing I’ve stupidly done is not play through the chapters continuously so I’m going to have to replay a few of the other chapters to get the end game!

He he - That actually also happened for me once, fortunately I immediately saw I had made that mistake, but I think it is an easy mistake to make given the way the game starts up.

I just realised that by [spoiler]“and made the Leader kill himself”, you meant that the Nazi Leader (Hitler) killed himself because of the mirror, I actually thought that you meant you could get the Riot Leader to kill himself by using the mirror on him[/spoiler], and I replayed the ending several times to try that

Anyway it wasn’t a complete waste of time, as I discovered there is a a lot of different solutions to the end, using the mirror on dr. Menegele, killing dr. Menegele, killing the lost tribe, handing over the control of the Golem to dr. Mengele, handing over the control to the riot leader etc.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just replayed all of the remaining chapters except for Gorrister’s, which I haven’t quite finished yet, to get the end! I’ve found all of the chapters very interesting but in order of preference: Gorrister, Ted, Ellen, Benny then Nimdok - I’ll come back to the reasons why later!

Total Posts: 2994

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 03 November 2013 06:25 AM

I just realised that by [spoiler]“and made the Leader kill himself”, you meant that the Nazi Leader (Hitler) [/img] [/spoiler]

No he meant the Regime leader. Hitler had nothing to to in the game. That was Dr Mengele.
For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

Seems he didn’t die from the mirror after all…

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 03 November 2013 11:50 AM

No he meant the Regime leader. Hitler had nothing to to in the game. That was Dr Mengele.
For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

Seems he didn’t die from the mirror after all…

No I think it is you who are misunderstanding things now, or perhaps you didn’t read the message in the telecommunicater Wink

[spoiler]The message says that Der Führer The Leader has just committed suicide, and when talking to Dr. Mengele he confirms that Der Führer The Leader committed suicide after looking in the mirror, and that this is the reason the project has been shutdown, so obviously Der Führer The Leader is not Dr. Mengele as it is he who is telling us this and he is still very much alive[/spoiler] Smile

That we can use the mirror on Dr Mengele afterwards is besides the point.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There does seem to have been a problem accessing AG for the last few hours. I’ve just got to finish the replay of Gorrister’s chapter to get to the end game.[‘ve loved all of the chapters but in order of preference: Gorrister, Ted, Ellen, Benny then Nimdok - I’ll elaborate later!

AG seems to be so slow at the moment I didn’t realise my previous post got there so sorry for repeating!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Iznogood - 02 November 2013 09:25 AM

This chapter is anything but straightforward and there is many thing that can prevent you from getting the white portrait, even a small insignificant thing like walking out of the wrong door at the wrong time, or more accurately failing to walk out of the right door at the right time, can cause you to miss a whole scene and prevent you from getting the white end.

Phew! You can say that again. Although my final play through barely lasted fifteen minutes this chapter consumed the most time to reach a satisfactory conclusion. (aka white portrait) I was fairly sure that I had hit a dead end in the bunker even though I figured out how to get the jar with the eyes past security. The game really tricked me as when you leave the medical facility office there are two individuals that you can communicate with and if you chose the wrong one to interact with first (your former co-worker) you don’t have all the necessary items needed for the second (which appears to have been critical information necessary to wake the golem. I’m still wondering though if there was some other way using anything from the bunker area that could have achieved the desired result. Anyhow, what wasn’t by any means obvious at least for me was that you could go back and retrieve the same items from the office/furnace area although they weren’t visible.

Normally I tend to avoid unnecessary violence but I saw that using the scalpel on the anesthesiologist scored a point on the meter.

As far as historical background goes, googling something on the order of “nazi medical experiments” (I’m going on a huge assumption that Regime is analogous with such with some caution of course) opens up a huge shiteload can of worms on that front so I’m definitely cool with the fact that there wasn’t a whole lot of explicit detail, just enough to present the essential details for the purpose of the story.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top