• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough No # 24: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 27 December 2014 08:21 AM

Finished the game. Finally.
I’m almost as slow as diego… Naughty....

I actually didn’t like the bad ending because they show you the blob you’re turned into. The description that ended the short story worked a LOT better if you had to visualize it yourself. It was also much scarier that way. It made the last sentence (the title) that much more chilling. Here it missed its effect somewhat…

Thanks for leading the playthrough, Sefir. Sorry it took me so long to finish. Meh

No, you are not. Thank God!!:)

About the ending: IMO the original description in the book was always quite rediculus in my mind and thus not really intimidating or scary. The same applied for the last sentence where I found it just a writer’s trick and nothing more. However in the game, both the visual approach and (mostly) the superb voice acting, Ellen excepted,  (Was I the only one who liked more turning Nimdok into a slug, since the last monologue suits him much more than the rest of the characters? Surely more than Ted in the original script) made the whole experience more…horrific.

It is always a pleasure to see someone finish a past CP. Perhaps we should take you and diego (though there is no salvation for him :p ) into consideration when we decide the voting periods between each playthrough. Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, my playthrough fell apart last year because my daughter was born and that usurped most of my game time for quite a while.

In fact, it was really only after the World Cup (an event for which I forced free time in my schedule) that I started playing games again. And I continued/finished this in-between the other CPTs I took part in (and where I did mostly stick to the schedule)... Wink

So actually, yeah, longer periods between CPTs would suit me fine. Tongue

About Nimdok: I liked his voice acting, but the German English felt too forced, like a bad Schwarzenegger-impersonation, which hurt it somewhat.
Also, he got turned into that blob a couple of times in my playthrough as well. I think Benny and Gorrister are the only ones that never suffered that fate in my game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top