• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2007-01-11

PM

Fien - 12 February 2013 11:36 AM

Elfhybrid, were you once known by the nickname Elfstone, or am I imagening things?

And I’m very excited too! Dreamfall is one of my favorite adventures.

No, that’s not me, just ElfHybrid. (Been going by it since..2001-ish.)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Guyra - 10 February 2013 08:56 PM
Fien - 10 February 2013 07:11 PM

The team would also have to show some enthusiasm, maybe even some form of passion. Their presentation sucks majorly. You want me to read this text? Okay boss, whatever you say, as long as I get paid.

I think you are completely right - the sad part is, this is what we call “enthusiasm” in Norway. Anything more than this would be considered “over the top,” and the person would probably feel like - and be seen as, by fellow Norwegians - a “clown.” We are very “stiff,” one could say. It’s a cultural thing, I guess.

“Welcome to Norway. We do have emotions, it’s just taboo to expose them too much.” xD

I agree, you shouldn’t expect ‘big arm movements’ and passionate speach from a scandinavian, that is simply not how we are Smile
But if you know the code, you can tell that they are both enthusiastic and passionate about the project.

orient - 11 February 2013 11:15 PM
Oscar - 11 February 2013 06:26 AM

Well, to me it looks more like a Dreamfall game than a TLJ game. And not all TLJ fans loved Dreamfall or Zoe.

There’s a great interview on Rock Paper Shotgun where Ragnar talks about recapturing some of the “magic” of TLJ that was lost in Dreamfall, as well as some stuff on the interface—it’s going to be direct-control and point & click, apparently.

I agree with Orient, the story is obviously a continuation of Dreamfall, but they are well aware of the problems with Dreamfall, and will try to avoid doing the same mistakes. Also they are planning to make more games in TLJ universe, not just Chapters.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

That’s some cool shit! The Longest Journey is one of my favorite adventures, maybe even number 1 on my list. Not sure about all of the graphics they show in the video though…

They’re now at $700 000!

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Rewatching the pitch video, RTG really went all out with the color filters/effects!

The campaign is moving along nicely. I think they’ll finish somewhere around $1.3 million. I guess it depends on how ambitious they are with stretch goals. I wonder what their highest stretch value will be?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

inm8#2 - 13 February 2013 01:48 AM

Rewatching the pitch video, RTG really went all out with the color filters/effects!

The campaign is moving along nicely. I think they’ll finish somewhere around $1.3 million. I guess it depends on how ambitious they are with stretch goals. I wonder what their highest stretch value will be?

I’m getting the folks who work with Freddie Wong, those that made the Video Game Academy webseries for my Kickstarter video. Maybe we can go beyond just Color Filters and Effects….maybe we will attempt…..ACTING!! lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Even after the initial push this continues to do well daily, they will probably hit the goal around Friday and announce the stretch goals (one of them will be porting to other systems).
Can’t wait to see the Riverwood video. They sure seem to have a very well-constructed campaign.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New update with a very detailed gameplay video for such an early prototype. Nice interface.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 14 February 2013 06:31 PM

New update with a very detailed gameplay video for such an early prototype. Nice interface.

Ok, finally a bright green, pastoral game, and not the gloomy, pitch-dark one. Grin I really like it, but Zoe still looks weird, but the good news is April Ryan’s voice actor is back once again. I hope they’ll model her after the first game and not Dreamfall.

I’m not sure about the interface, seems to me they’re aiming for something like Tales of Monkey Island system but without the need to hold the mouse button, but the problem might still arise with camera moving while you try to click on the desired spot. Anyways, nice updates, and I’m glad the guy mentions lots of “riddles and puzzles” as I hope the gameplay-wise it doesn’t get too far into “interactive movie” ground.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’m sure the 3D Zoe model in-game will be improved quite a bit. It’s very early in development.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

The folks at Unity were right, letting people use Unity 4 trial for demos and prototypes on kickstarter was the best decision they can ever make. Loving their Mecanim work in the video.

Just want to point out that the video was not the game at full settings. Wink You can see that the laptop he was working on wasn’t exactly up to snuff with shader coding and so on. Just gameplay.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

diego - 14 February 2013 07:02 PM
wilco - 14 February 2013 06:31 PM

Grin I really like it, but Zoe still looks weird, but the good news is April Ryan’s voice actor is back once again. I hope they’ll model her after the first game and not Dreamfall.

I hope inm8#2 is right,  because her face does look weird.

April Ryan’s voice was the BEST imo, I ‘m glad it is back!
What I really loved about The Longest Journey was that humour was well combined with the serious moments.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The little prototype demo was cool. Now I really want to play that game.

A modern Dreafall with an improved interface was everything I asked for.

Roll on 2014.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Looks beautiful already. It’s great that you can look around freely and to not be limited by preset cameras.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, I was thinking they’d get around 1.3-1.5 million, but now I’m really hoping for 2 million!!! Gasp

Lettuce gogogo for the stretch goals!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

The graphics look a bit demanding. I hope I will be able to run the game on my pc. Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top