• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Heaven’s Hope

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The game is out on Steam & Amazon

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404510/
http://www.amazon.de/Heavens-Hope-Special-Edition-PC/dp/B00MF75OG6

looks really great for a traditional adventure!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Good ol’ traditional point&clicker; offers quite a similar taste and style of TBOUT.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 26 February 2016 12:40 PM

Good ol’ traditional point&clicker; offers quite a similar taste and style of TBOUT.

So you are playing it?, i have heard that it’s poorly (easy) designed, concerning the puzzles (i mean)!, is that so true??

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I can’t see anything poor about this title, story sounds interesting,well drawed and animated above average overall.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Quite impressive for an indie developer’s debut adventure.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Does anyone know was the game turned from 2D to 3D during development?
As it was announced back in 2010, it has been awhile in waiting list. I remember seeing 2D pictures from it. Those might have been only artworks, but I can’t remember for sure, hence the question.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve been playing for a couple of hours. The game has a very traditional feel to it, with a cheeky fallen angel and a village full of odd characters under the sway of an Inquisitor named Greta. (I haven’t met Greta yet, but I’m forming quite a picture of her in my mind, given what’s said about her by others.)

One of my favorite scenes is in the town’s library. Talorel (the so-called angel) has been reading excerpts from the books. I’m now trying to use the info I’ve gleaned.

Lewuz—I haven’t read anything about the history of the game’s development. It’s point-and-click, though, with no problems moving about.

Advie—I would not consider the puzzles to be too easy. Your experience may vary, of course.  Smile

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Will start playing it- looks a pretty solid game.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-02-23

PM

Decent classic (maybe too classic for it’s own good) point&click; adventure that’s maybe too much trapped in LucasArtsy structure and narrative design. It looks and sounds great, and have a pretty interesting animation approach that felt to me as a fusion between stop motion aesthetic and 3D technique. Too bad that short budget cripple it in some places and undermine general presentation.

Puzzle design felt very 90s in his approach and have its own internal logic. It’s quite good most of time, with some bad logic puzzle here and there. I disagree with Courtney AG review on hint system. Heaven’s Hope actually has a double hint mechanism that you can use: you can talk with your angel friends and look for clues in the journal. I never felt lost or misguided by it.

I also disagree with notion from the AG review that it’s good enough in modern adventure game to have a bunch of varied characters with thin characterization for successful narrative and story building. Because of that, for example, the main character also left underdeveloped, mostly because it didn’t have too much depth in an attempt to humanize him and make him more interesting than “lost angel on Earth”.

All in all this is, as I said, a decent adventure game with fresh premise and some good humor, mostly on ironic, absurd and surreal side. I think it’s quite a good catch for traditional adventure fans, besides some awful mini-games (although most of them are skippable)

Chaos is rejecting all you have learned. Chaos is being yourself.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-07-30

PM

JBS - 04 March 2016 01:36 PM

Quite impressive Airsnore results for an indie developer’s debut adventure.

That’s what I thought. Is this worth the $19.99 is it very buggy?

I’ve never played a point and click game like this before. Can anyone recommend the best point and click game like this to play?

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 21 March 2016 07:59 PM

I’ve been playing for a couple of hours.

Did you get it from Steam? It’s not available in the US via Amazon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 03 August 2016 02:19 PM

Did you get it from Steam? It’s not available in the US via Amazon.

Yes, I bought it on Steam. I’m further in than when I first posted on this thread—a bit more than 5 hours in and, judging from the Steam achievements, I’m about halfway done.

Skootch - 03 August 2016 03:47 AM
JBS - 04 March 2016 01:36 PM

Quite impressive for an indie developer’s debut adventure.

That’s what I thought. Is this worth the $19.99 is it very buggy?

I’ve never played a point and click game like this before. Can anyone recommend the best point and click game like this to play?

I’m enjoying the story and characters and environments. I haven’t encountered any bugs so far. The puzzles are rather tough, so if you like to breeze through a game, this is not the game for you.

The best point and click game like this? Well, I’m not sure how to define “this”—maybe a medieval-esque adventure with lots of dialog, quirky characters, and a somewhat comedic tone along with the drama? So an additional, similar game to try might be The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well you know how much I love Steam. Pan  Will await availability on Amazon US

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

certainly a fabulous game,i have had left behind for a while and finished it, just!

its has the old Daedalic appeal (yea i guess this description could fall over it as soon we would see a lot of the upcoming Daedalic ags wearing different suit) , and Everlight style of gameplaying where the whole big number locations a revealed from the very start but each gets it own attention by each step thru the game) and Vampyre Story atmosphere (even the style of the soundtrack plus the eerie but yet cartoony kind oflocations)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It looks kind of goofy. Is it at least funny? (Nelly Cootalot funny, not Deponia “funny”)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 15 October 2016 08:56 AM

It looks kind of goofy. Is it at least funny? (Nelly Cootalot funny, not Deponia “funny”)

right ‘Goofy’ i would agree, and nah there were no laughs or giggles from me here, its English was kinda suffocated with too many phrases and words i would not catch completely, i wonder why, is it because the translation, i don’t remember encountering any ag with this great number of new words for me..  maybe because the timing of the inquisition the game is dealing with..  were they trying to catch the same language used at the time?, i dont know
but Oscar, if you are interested in the game playing of the three ags or the styles i had mentioned above, you will like Heaven Hope, and i have to disagree with Becky as the puzzles aren’t that tough but they are not easy either.. go for it oscar you will probably like it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top