• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

P.O.L.L.E.N.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Does anyone can tell me if this game worth buying? I’m afraid it is another Dear Esther with just exploration and no puzzles or a real story. I’d like to know some opinions before I spend some bucks on just an explore/touch/see-every-thing-but-actually-do-nothing in a game.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Looks quite derivative.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That title name is alarming alone.
Get Rapture.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-04-22

PM

Disclaimer: I am a developer of Pollen

Glad to see there was a post on our small indie game! Pollen is in the same genre as Gone Home, Rapture, Stanley Parable etc. its a first person exploration but also has puzzles (think Myst) on the route to discover what happened on an space station in this alternative universe from hours.

The game is not horror, but we put a lot of effort into getting it into the correct mood of the classic scifi that worked as our inspiration.

Happy to answer if you have any questions!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-04-22

PM

Hey, I’m one of the developers of the game!

Don’t be afraid of the name, it’s not that scary! Smile

About the game, even though the exploration is the main point of the game, there are some adventure game elements there as well. We have inventory for objects that you can use later and you actually should use your brains in solving some of the puzzles. There’s not much holding hands as in many other modern games, just like in traditional adventure games Smile

Myst and The Dig were really reference games for us, even though we went with the first person route.

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know about the game and I’m happy to answer!

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Hi paxmantis & pommak! Nice to have the developers answering some questions. Is there any place else besides Steam that we can get the game?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-04-22

PM

Sure! It can be purchased from GOG.com, Playfield and Humble Store. When we do the full VR release it will be on Oculus Home too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top