• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Pyoro-2

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Guilty pleasures

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I won’t exactly call it a guilty pleasure, and I have no intention of replaying it, but despite acknowledging that it has some serious flaws, including a rather terrible translation from German, then I still liked Jack Keane 2.

If I made a pros / cons list, then the cons would be much larger, and I won’t even argue that the sum of the pros matter more, but for some reason I can’t define I still enjoyed playing the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Mine would probably be Chewy Esc From F5.
It’s not particularly well-regarded, but it was my first adventure game, and that counts for something.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

Escape from monkey island.
It had been a while since I had last played le chucks revenge on my sons amiga(it was really hard with 11 discs to slap in)Curse of monkey island was not available on amiga and I could not afford a pc then.When escape from monkey island came out on the playstation I could not believe my luck.I found the controls fiddly but soon mastered them and immersed myself in some more monkey “love”.I didnt realise till years later that the game was so hated. I wish I could find a way to play it on my pc now.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

zobraks - 09 March 2016 01:39 AM

Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth.

It’s chock-full of inane puzzles placed in an enormous world where you’re (seemingly) free to go to a lot of places and do (seemingly) whatever you like. In the course of gameplay you inevitably get lost there, without having a clue what to do next. It’s mind-numbing, yet you (I mean I - a glutton for punishment) keep coming for more and try to play the game over and over.
It’s a horrible game with beautiful graphics and a lot of weird characters and goings-on that keeps dishing out inedible stuff to a player and yet keeps being attractive in some pretty inexplicable way.
I really don’t know why I still keep playing it (even in a third or fourth playthrough of it I need all the help -a walkthrough, a UHS hint file, a help of a friend- I can get), but I keep playing it nevertheless.

I must be a sucker for weird stuff, I guess. I love Woodruff and its/his crazy humo(u)r.

Yep. the cocktel vision games like Goblins and Woodruff are really great examples. They are very flawed ut they have a lot of charms too and crazy absurd humour.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually enjoyed “Another Code: Twin Memories” - played through it several times.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top