• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #7-Drawn: Dark Flight

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I wondered what happened to Franklin. I hoped he was resurrected in some way, although that would not have been integral to the story. While broken, he was alive in D2. Insofar as he was able to deliver hints to the needy.

He is also alive at the beginning of D3, which starts Wednesday. That poses in interesting question that I hope will be a part of the discussion. “Is D3 a prequel or a sequel to the other two tales?”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m a bit late with the final part because my daughter has been too busy and I’m gonna finish the game with her. Probably can’t finish it tomorrow because she has some activities again.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Good to see that Franklin is well. I didn’t have the CE version myself, and I also haven’t bothered to look up a youtube playthrough of the bonus section.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Beautiful screenshots, Lady K!

I’m at the second beacon puzzle with all the colors. All those tiny little doors! I’m having trouble even seeing which are open and closed, now that I’ve messed around with it a bit. Is there any way to reset the puzzle? Any other hints would be welcome.  Innocent

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Just use the ear drains to get rid of any colors you don’t need.  There are two doors to the drains, and you’ll use the bottom ones most.  Start with the outer areas, then make sure the doors to that area are closed before moving on.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Well, as far as I can tell I’ve solved this puzzle, but the beacon doesn’t light. Can anyone figure out what I’ve done wrong?

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 17 March 2015 04:49 PM

Well, as far as I can tell I’ve solved this puzzle, but the beacon doesn’t light. Can anyone figure out what I’ve done wrong?

Wrong colour on the eyebrows, they should be orange and not yellow.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Arrrrghghghghgh! Orange eyebrows? Wouldn’t you know it!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Your sub-quote sure hit the mark with your last post.  Laughing

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

He he - If it is any consolation, then I don’t think you need to redo the whole thing, just…

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I may not have to completely redo it, but I have to go back quite a ways. I think I’ll look at it again tomorrow and decide if it’s worth it.

EDIT: Well, the solution kept bugging me, so I finally went back and completed the puzzle. You were right Izno, I didn’t have to go all that far back. Laughing

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

So with my H2OH? achievement finally in hand, I’ve finished the main portion of the game. Earlier in Dark Flight I was surprised to see this lamppost—it reminds me of “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”—I would have expected that I’d remember it from one playthrough to the next. Well, here it is immortalized.

I also took screenshots of the paper-pop-up show that explains the backstory. If anyone would like to review the story that’s told there, now that the playthrough is nearly over, I’ll post them here.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would love to see it again, but without Franklin’s narration I don’t think it is nearly as compelling. I want to see what the Bonus material is like, so I’ll be making a trip to YouTube. I’ll try to get another look at the book while I’m there.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed the bonus section, especially the puzzles in the cemetery painting.  The hunt for the stained glass pieces didn’t bother me at all, but putting together the stained glass window was a bit fussy.  I’ll post a couple of screenshots in a day or two, in case anyone still needs to finish it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This includes subtitles to the narration.

Spoilers below if you haven’t finished Dark Flight

I believe the narrator is the odd villainous-looking fellow from the poster.

I think it’s intriguing that there’s so much emphasis on the creativity of the people. Also, we see a red scarf-like object that’s not at all where I would have expected it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top