• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Amerzone – The Explorer’s Legacy Reimagining

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Anyone see this yet?
https://www.microids.com/discover-the-remake-of-the-cult-classic-amerzone-the-explorers-legacy/

https://www.gog.com/game/amerzone_remake_the_explorers_legacy?source=news

Looks like they’ve decided to change the game a bit for this remake.

Amerzone – The Explorer’s Legacy isn’t just a mere remake; it’s a reimagining of a timeless classic. Boasting revamped puzzles and brand-new challenges, this iteration promises a fresh and exhilarating experience. Interact with fascinating characters, each with their own compelling stories and motives, as you strive to rectify the mistakes of the past and forge a new legacy.

I remember liking the fantastical setting of the original, it’s a little like Myst but everyone you meet dies. I also remember being stuck for days trying to find the right hotspot rock to winch the boatjet forward.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Cool. I played through the original a year or two ago and enjoyed it, and this looks different enough to warrant a look.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

That is realy cool. A great game by Benoit Sokal. I played a lot back in 2000.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

25 years later I expect real time flying experience with Hydraflot but anyways,always nice to see remakes from 90’s.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We played this game as a CPT in 2022. Hard to imagine anything could be done to “improve” the game. Make some of the puzzles “easier”???

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

rtrooney - 10 March 2024 12:13 PM

We played this game as a CPT in 2022. Hard to imagine anything could be done to “improve” the game. Make some of the puzzles “easier”???

I didn’t read anywhere that they’re improving it. That’s not what a remake is - both the original and the remake stand on their own.

I’m sure plenty of players will appreciate the graphical revamp, and I’m one of them. I found the original graphics to be decent for their time, but when I’m playing a 1st person game the higher resolution and detail of the environments, the better. Comparing the original with these remake’s screenshots makes me think of a short-sighted person walking around without eye-glasses versus with glasses.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

interesting news! The less than stellar technical level of the graphics - even for the time - is a problem with the original imo. There was a DVD-version that has much better looking movies but with the same flat, compressed and low-res in-game graphics. Anuman Interactive released a “remastered” version for iOS/Mac a few years ago that looks a bit better but with watered down puzzles, an annoying always active hot-spot indicator and some parts of the game taken out altogether. Complete rubbish.

Here’s hoping Microids finally gets the game up to a level that I’m sure Mr Sokal had intended/wished for when he created it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top