• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 23 October 2022 07:58 PM

It seems like there will be no Hob’s Barrow playthrough anyway. If this trend continues, there will be no participants left by the end of voting))

Perhaps not this time. But I’m sure that once Neverhood has had its day in the sun HB will have more than enough votes to prevail next round. One thing is certain, and that is there will be no controversy about how you acquired the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It seems like there will be no Hob’s Barrow playthrough anyway. If this trend continues, there will be no participants left by the end of voting))

I’ll definitely vote for Hob’s Barrow if it’s nominated next time!

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I ll vote for excavation of hob barrow. Not sure how easy is to install and play the neverhood. It seems you need a guide to make it work on windows 10.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Neverhood works fine in ScummVM. Setting the compatibility to win95 also does the trick. I tried it on my win10 machine.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought a decent used copy of The Neverhood on eBay today.  I’ve always wanted to play it, and since I have ScummVM installed on both of my iMacs, I’ll add my vote for the game.

Voting for CP #75 will end at midnight GMT on Wednesday, October 26.

The Neverhood (5) - Karlok (leader), Charophycean, Walas74, Doom, Lady Kestrel

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (4) - Doom, Sylv, Lady Kestrel, Nico2021

The Moment of Silence (2) - Chrissie, Rtrooney

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Curious what you paid. The lowest price I found was about $50 used, in a box. Which was way more than I would pay just to play the game. Although if this was a game on your bucket list, I guess I could see it. There were a few games at a lower price. but, from what I could see, they were used, without a box, were not guaranteed either to be original game discs or, and this was the biggie, were not guaranteed to work. Hope everything works out well for you.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve bought many games from eBay over the years.  I always check the photos, descriptions, and vendors’ ratings before I buy.  Although a big box would have been nice, I got one with a jewel case and insert.

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I began playing The Neverhood for the first time a year or so ago but it didn’t really connect with me. Didn’t get more than maybe an hour into it. Maybe playing it with others will help, so please put down a vote from me on it Lady K.

Seemed to work brilliantly with ScummVM.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 24 October 2022 04:04 AM

I’ll definitely vote for Hob’s Barrow if it’s nominated next time!

As will I. It’s a shame on multiple levels. If Neverhood was available on GOG or Steam for $13.99, I would have bought it and voted for it myself. But I wouldn’t pay the prices being asked on Ebay. Nor would I play a game downloaded from an abandonware site, for reasons both ethical, and for fear of malware, no matter how good my AV/malware protections say they are.

And, for reasons stated here and elsewhere, I felt obligated to withdraw my vote for Hob’s Barrow. You did the same. Although we have not discussed your reasons for doing so. Perhaps it was just because you just finished playing the game and didn’t fell like playing it again so soon.

Regardless, if we had both let our votes stand, which several people said should be the case. Hob’s Barrow would have been tonight’s likely winner.

I hope Neverhood has a smooth and delightfully led playthrough. And I hope to see the Hob’s Barrow players at the starting gate in eight-to-ten weeks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think it would have been a tie, since two votes were withdrawn if I am not mistaken.

Regardless, I hope to play both CPT’s in the future.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 26 October 2022 08:07 PM

I think it would have been a tie, since two votes were withdrawn if I am not mistaken.

Sorry. If the two votes were added back Hob’s Barrow would have won by one vote. Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Neverhood has won this round for CP #75.  Karlok will start the playthough thread when she’s ready.

The Neverhood (6) - Karlok (leader), Charophycean, Walas74, Doom, Lady Kestrel, Veovis

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (4) - Doom, Sylv, Lady Kestrel, Nico2021

The Moment of Silence (2) - Chrissie, Rtrooney

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 26 October 2022 08:25 PM
walas74 - 26 October 2022 08:07 PM

Sorry. If the two votes were added back Hob’s Barrow would have won by one vote. Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter.

You missed Veovis vote Smile

And yeah, it doesn’t matter.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 4264

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 October 2022 09:35 PM

The Neverhood has won this round for CP #75.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2072

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 26 October 2022 06:56 PM

And, for reasons stated here and elsewhere, I felt obligated to withdraw my vote for Hob’s Barrow. You did the same. Although we have not discussed your reasons for doing so. Perhaps it was just because you just finished playing the game and didn’t fell like playing it again so soon.

Regardless, if we had both let our votes stand, which several people said should be the case. Hob’s Barrow would have been tonight’s likely winner.

I hope Neverhood has a smooth and delightfully led playthrough. And I hope to see the Hob’s Barrow players at the starting gate in eight-to-ten weeks.

Sure, if people still want to play Hob’s, because it seems like many have already finished it during the voting and probably switched to something else. I was also planning to switch to The Case of the Golden Idol and play it on my own)) And there is quite a number of other upcoming releases people might want to play together, like a STASIS sequel, or new Cyan and Telltale games, or that adventure from Obsidian Entertainment.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top