• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieEgon

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1288

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 12 October 2022 09:00 AM

My offer of leading a CP of The Neverhood still stands. Either as a spontaneous community playthrough or as an official nomination. I tested the game just now on my Win10 computer and it works with the compatibility set to win95.

Charo and Walas, are you still interested? Zobraks perhaps? Anyone else? It’s a great funny puzzle game. A classic!

First, I must see how my workload goes…

How long would playing The Neverhood be?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hm… 10-12 hours perhaps but I’m not really sure how long it would take. A lot depends on how good the player is with the more difficult puzzles, which can be frustrating if you don’t want to look up the solution. The game provides hints in a specific location (backtracking!). Paying attention to details and writing down symbols you discover on the way does pay off. But there’s definitely some moon logic at work too.

Having said that, there’s no rush, we can take as much time as you/we need.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I guess the CTP wouldn’t start before two weeks, so the work I am doing right now should be finished by then no matter what.

Ok, I’m in. You can count on my vote.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The nominations and voting for CP #75 have begun and will continue until midnight GMT on Wednesday, October 26.

The Neverhood (3) - Karlok (leader), Charophycean, Walas74

The Moment of Silence - (1) - Chrissie

These were nominated games from the last round of voting:
The Procession to Calvary
Syberia: The World Before
Time Gentlemen, Please

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 12 October 2022 09:00 AM

Zobraks perhaps?

I can’t promise anything at the moment - the weather in Southeastern Europe is beautiful these days.

But… who knows?

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Moment of Silence is available on BFG for $3.50US. And I have a boatload of credits. It’s only rated 2.5/5 stars, but that’s from the regular BFG people. I don’t trust those people to review adventure games accurately. So I’ll add my vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2086

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 11 October 2022 08:30 PM

I will not nominate a Microids game. Other than that, I don’t know when this thread will re-activate.

Thank you, rtooney.

I’d like to nominate The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, it was released recently by Cloak and Dagger and got great reviews (4.5 stars from AG). I was also interested in playing Blood Nova, but, judging by Steam reviews, it’s on the short and easy side, not sure it will make a good cpt.

I’d also add a vote to The Neverhood, hadn’t played it for a looong time. And I actually played The Moment of Silence this summer for the first time ever, but didn’t get far, it just felt low-budget and cheesy, especially compared to their later stylish Overclocked game.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #75 will end at midnight GMT on Wednesday, October 26.

The Neverhood (4) - Karlok (leader), Charophycean, Walas74, Doom

The Moment of Silence (2) - Chrissie, Rtrooney

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (1) - Doom

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Doom - 12 October 2022 05:05 PM

I’d like to nominate The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, it was released recently by Cloak and Dagger and got great reviews (4.5 stars from AG).

The review here made me curious about this game. I struggle with Lovecraftian horror at times but I’d like to think in a CPT we’d support each other. I might regret it later but I guess there’s no better time to play it - I’ll add my vote.

AKA Charo

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 12 October 2022 05:05 PM

Thank you, rtooney.

I’d like to nominate The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, it was released recently by Cloak and Dagger and got great reviews (4.5 stars from AG).

You’re welcome. But my commitment was only not to nominate a Microids game. I did not commit to not voting for one if someone else nominates it.

I’ll also add a vote for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

l also submit a vote for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.
I did play it, and really would like to replay it. It is a great game.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I don’t discard voting for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow as I bought the game and I promoted it myself when it was released. But I will wait to see if someone will lead…

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #75 will end at midnight GMT on Wednesday, October 26.

I just checked that The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow will play on my iMac, so I will vote for it.

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (5) - Doom, Charophycean, Rtrooney, Sylv, Lady Kestrel
The Neverhood (4) - Karlok (leader), Charophycean, Walas74, Doom

The Moment of Silence (2) - Chrissie, Rtrooney

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I wonder if we might get a few more potential players if we delayed the end of nominations/voting until the first Wednesday in November. Nov. 1 is the official start of Winter in the Northern Hemisphere. And many people, me included are trying to wring the last bit if Fall activities we can before we see white stuff on the ground. Just a thought.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

rtrooney - 16 October 2022 05:58 PM

I wonder if we might get a few more potential players if we delayed the end of nominations/voting until the first Wednesday in November. Nov. 1 is the official start of Winter in the Northern Hemisphere. And many people, me included are trying to wring the last bit if Fall activities we can before we see white stuff on the ground. Just a thought.

Sure, but that doesn’t that depend on the ratio of Northerners to Southerners? Because all us Southerners will be out enjoying the beginning of our summer!

Cool

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top