• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure ����� Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest IV VGA Talkie Unofficial Patch

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-10-05

PM

Hi guys! Here’s something I’ve recently whipped up using the resources of all the fan groups that have tried to remake King’s Quest 4 in the VGA glory throughout the years. It is also my tribute to their hard work. I had to do quite a bit of tinkering with the graphics and sound to make it work and look coherent. I also added the voicovers. For more detalils, please read the description under the clip on youtube.

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Great job!  I’m really happy that this version has finally been brought to fruition.  My ultimate dream is for someone to adapt this version to AGS, with a point and click interface but for now, this will do nicely.  Thank you.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Nice to see Myles’ work on ScummVM being used like this. When he originally released his version, something like this was what I was thinking of and now you’ve shown it can be done.

I’ll give this a spin this weekend, but this does look pretty good, considering the backgrounds come from different sources. The voice acting sounds pretty solid.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-02-08

PM

Interesting. KQ4 and KQ5 are the only KQ games I’ve never played through, so I might give this a spin (Still can’t see a way through KQ5 and Cedric).

The backgrounds looks amazing, but I get the feeling that the sprites are somewhat inferior and don’t blend in very well? That’s just nitpicking though, good job on bringing an ancient relic back to life Smile

Message #43

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I like the voice acting.  It’s in keeping with King’s Quest V. Cheesy but very endearing.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I’ve never actually played any of KQIV. Never got around to it. This patch might make we want to rectify that - it looks and sounds great!

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top