• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anyone else enjoy Metzomagic.com?

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I discovered this website a couple of months ago. At this point it could probably be classified as an archive. It’s loaded with adventure game reviews, articles, and interviews. What makes it precious is that most of these were written in the moment, rather than retrospectively. The articles in particular are a fun insight into not only the state of adventure games in the mid-90’s through early 2000’s, but the states of mind of some very dedicated adventure gamers. It might be interesting to select an article or review from this site every so often, and look at it through the lens of hindsight.

Hope this entertains you as much as it does me!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I’ve used Steve’s site in the past.  Many years ago, Gordon Alpin and Rosemary Young had a game website with reviews (I forget the name of it).  Steve took over their content when they moved on and has since made it his own.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I think their website/webzine was called The Quandary. It seems like Steve might have consolidated a selection content from a few other sources into Metzomagic as well, but I might be wrong about this.
Either way, I love how Gordon and Rosemary might have seemed jaded by the standards of the past or simply if read in the past,, but when read today they seem so wide eyed and innocent.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, it was Quandry.  Gordon and Rosemary were enthusiastic gamers, as is Steve.  He has added quite a few reviews of his own and from others.  I never thought of them as jaded, just lovers of the genre.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Quandary closed down some time ago but was archived by the National Library of Australia:
https://webarchive.nla.gov.au/awa/20070422041839/http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/10347/20070420-0000/www.quandaryland.com/jsp/home.html

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top