• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Riven/Myst III for PS1/PS2

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I played the Myst games wayyy back when on PC. I bought an old PS2 a few years ago and just realized Riven was ported to PS1 and Myst III was ported to PS2. How do they play?

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

desiderio59 - 13 May 2021 10:23 PM

I played the Myst games wayyy back when on PC. I bought an old PS2 a few years ago and just realized Riven was ported to PS1 and Myst III was ported to PS2. How do they play?

They don’t play very well as far as I remember. Riven on the PS1 doesn’t look so hot and gameplay is slowed down by all the loading from the discs. Didn’t play it for more than a few minutes though and it was many years ago.

I also tried Myst III on console, but not on the PS2. I have the Xbox version but that pretty much suffers from the same problems as Riven on the PS1, especially the frustrating loading times between screens.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Veovis - 14 May 2021 08:36 AM
desiderio59 - 13 May 2021 10:23 PM

They don’t play very well as far as I remember. Riven on the PS1 doesn’t look so hot and gameplay is slowed down by all the loading from the discs. Didn’t play it for more than a few minutes though and it was many years ago.

I also tried Myst III on console, but not on the PS2. I have the Xbox version but that pretty much suffers from the same problems as Riven on the PS1, especially the frustrating loading times between screens.

Dang. Well okay thanks for the info.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top