• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A sister thread to chrissie’s “What game have you just finished?” thread.

Screenshots and discussion are most welcome.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I just began The Sexy Brutale. Apart from the dubious name, it’s the kind of game I thought I wouldn’t like very much (the time-travelling concept and keeping track of NPCs sounded unwieldy) but I bought it on the back of good reviews. It’s been quite entertaining, I have to say. Probably reminds me of Colonel’s Bequest the most, with supernatural elements. The murders are broken up into little bits so you don’t need to do everything at once, and spying on people and discovering new conversations and tidbits can be fun.

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 17 April 2017 03:36 AM

I just began The Sexy Brutale.

I guess the puzzles are… brutal??! Grin

I’m playing Broken Sword 4 currently. Been playing it years ago (started it more than once), and I’m always stuck (lose interest, actually) whenever I get to the factory. But I will finish it this time, the only thing stopping me right now is that I have to replay a good portion in the factory due to game glitch. And the fact that you can’t skip the dialogue doesn’t help.

I actually like the game, I think it is slightly (just slightly) underrated, but it’s far, far from perfect. Some of the classic narrative charm of the original is gone, and puzzles are not that imaginative, but the game does not lack in pace and mystery. I can see it at the same position as Monkey Island 4 - it’s the worst in the series, but still an above average game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7420

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I just began The Sexy Brutale. Apart from the dubious name, it’s the kind of game I thought I wouldn’t like very much (the time-travelling concept and keeping track of NPCs sounded unwieldy) but I bought it on the back of good reviews. It’s been quite entertaining, I have to say. Probably reminds me of Colonel’s Bequest the most, with supernatural elements. The murders are broken up into little bits so you don’t need to do everything at once, and spying on people and discovering new conversations and tidbits can be fun.

Sounds interesting. Raving reviews. One question if you’re playing it on PC with mouse and keyboard: is the interface “clunky” or awkward, as one review said?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Currently I just started replaying Moebius: Empire Rising. It’s actually quite better than I remember it.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Currently on Part 3 of Thimbleweed Park. Loving it so far.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For some reason, I decided to start replaying King’s Quest IV. It’s mostly awful—and I haven’t even reached the part with the cave and the troll yet.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 17 April 2017 08:59 AM

Sounds interesting. Raving reviews. One question if you’re playing it on PC with mouse and keyboard: is the interface “clunky” or awkward, as one review said?

Not really. Click and hold RMB to walk, LMB to look/open doors and the Z key to use an inventory item. Holding spacebar lets you listen to sounds around you. Takes a few minutes to get used to, but it’s fine.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mostly playing Persona 5
Playing The Adventures of Willy Beamish in short sessions in-between since I’m not finding it very interesting
Also stuck in Thimbleweed Park (have to take blood from the corpse for the machines, I think)

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

In between replaying Fran Bow I’ve been playing Night of the Rabbit.  Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 April 2017 10:39 AM

Mostly playing Persona 5

This
Backlogged Tpark
While only AG i have to finish as soon it releases soon

Syberia3

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Playing The Adventures of Willy Beamish in short sessions in-between since I’m not finding it very interesting
Also stuck in Thimbleweed Park (have to take blood from the corpse for the machines, I think)

Stop playing MmucasFlem games and get back to Willy Beamish! Tongue

Okay, I admit I’ve jumped on the Thimbleweed Park train now. Didn’t want to be the only one on the site who wasn’t playing it.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

diego - 17 April 2017 07:45 AM

I actually like the game, I think it is slightly (just slightly) underrated, but it’s far, far from perfect. Some of the classic narrative charm of the original is gone, and puzzles are not that imaginative, but the game does not lack in pace and mystery. I can see it at the same position as Monkey Island 4 - it’s the worst in the series, but still an above average game.

I’ve played through it five or six times and feel the same. Had it been the only in the series, I’d have still enjoyed it. Even the soundtrack is still beautiful, and you get to see some memorable characters in it. And it has what I think is the funniest George sequence in the series—toward the late middle when George inspects the wafer factory. Glad to see I’m not the only one who still enjoys it!

Mostly playing Persona 5

Incredible! I was thinking when I was about five hours into Persona of playing Willy alongside it. I see some thematic similarities between the two, especially earlier on. Such a huge gap between the two time- and genre-wise, so I wondered if anyone else would do the same.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just finished it. This game was amazing. It even earns a spot at my list of all-time favourites.

Highly recommended to those who haven’t played it yet.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Henke - 19 April 2017 07:28 PM

Just finished it. This game was amazing. It even earns a spot at my list of all-time favourites.

Highly recommended to those who haven’t played it yet.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

It’s absolutely great, isn’t it? It has far surpassed my expectations.  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Playing Firewatch, very cool and soothing.. does the choices made at the beginning makes any difference, whether this or that?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top