• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Beyond the Edge of Owlsgard

Total Posts: 851

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Yup, I’m going to wrap up the first draft of the review today. It’ll go live a few days later, I assume.

The other pixel hunt in the room was the edge of the pool.

I didn’t lose any time over it, because I was busy puzzling something else out when I found it, but it was by far the last thing I found in that room. It’s kind of silly. Not even an object, just a description of the location of an almost completely visually-non-descript area of the floor. I suppose the pixel-by-pixel area of the hotspot is a decent size, but no one is going to find it unless it’s A) By accident or B) intentionally moving the mouse across the screen little by little to make sure they aren’t missing anything. No one will intuitively look at that space and say ‘oh, I wonder what that is! Let’s click and find out!’
That kind of design makes it more about the player being the protagonist than the actual character you are controlling being the protagonist.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You had no problem with the object I missed and I had no problem with the area you missed. Smile I don’t know what that proves, if anything. Probably that pixel hunting should be banned.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Major spoilers, don’t hover unless you’ve completed or abandoned the game. Very important question regarding what I think might be a big fat plot hole.

Since the story takes place in a world that was once cohabited by humans and animals, and it’s hinted that it was a world similar to our own (but in the future), it stands to reason that the animals in that world existed in the same manner as the animals in *our* world. At what point, then, did these animals learn how to build human-esque architecture out of wood and stone? When did they learn to make clothing and start wearing clothes? How did they develop the arts of cartography, ship building, and seafaring? Not to mention drawing and writing, which a *huge* portion of the plot is predicated on?

I’d love to hear opinions on this, or am I just completely wrong with my understanding of the setting in which everything takes place?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sorry everyone, my father died yesterday, it would take some time for me to concentrate again and finish the game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

sorry to hear that, diego, my condolences.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Geez. I’m sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not playing the game, but just saw the post. My condolences as well. Lost my dad eleven years ago. It’s hard. will be thinking of you.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sorry to hear that, Diego, my condolences to you and your loved ones.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

So sorry to hear that, diego.

AKA Charo

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thank you, means a lot. He paved the way for me being in love with games by introducing me to Commodore 64 first.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m so sorry for your loss, diego. Wishing you the best in what must be a very difficult time in your life.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 27 January 2023 08:35 AM

I’m so sorry for your loss, diego. Wishing you the best in what must be a very difficult time in your life.

Thanks.  Heart

Total Posts: 1288

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sorry to hear that. My condolences for you and your family.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry to hear your sad news, Diego.  You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 1671

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Same Diego take all the time you need

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top