• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The book walker: thief of tales

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I just spent a couple hours with this game and i really like it so far. You take the role of some sort of ex-con with the power to enter and alter books. Its split between segments of first person (where youre in your apartment building, checking your mail, and doing little things) and isometric view (where youre inside books exploring doing inventory puzzles, and has a lite rpg feel kind of like disco elysium). Both views look great. And im really enjoying the exploration with taking little breaks to check out the real world when you want to.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I got it but haven’t had a chance to play yet - had to tie a few loose gaming ends before jumping into it. It was on my most anticipated games list, and I know a few people who bought it and are currently very much enjoying it.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Aaand i finished, what a great ride this game was. Imperfect, but full of neat ideas and wrapped into a satisfying conclusion.
I think my primary complaint is:it didnt quite live up to its potential mechanically. Like, you know what was a cool idea? These magic items from other books that give etienne powers both in combat and puzzle situations…awesome!! So why were all 10ish of them thrown at us at the same time in the last 20 mins of the game. And then that highlights that a lot of the chapters had item-boredom, where youre crafting the crowbar and lockpicks over and over. Sprinkle the artifacts into sidequests and this game gets awfully close to 10/10 for me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top