• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Exciting, Memorable Adventures

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2017-07-22

PM

I always wanted to ask which games give people that deep experience of a grand journey, and when they think of it or start that game anew, they recall it from the perspective of unforgettable events and emotions lying ahead. Like when you complete The Longest Journey, and then after some time it’s something special to see April Ryan back, starting from the dorm in Newport. I’m particularly eager to find which adventure games are exciting, except for the obvious, such as Life Is Strange / Quantic Dream / Telltale ones. Which games hold such special place in your memory due to how exciting the journey was?

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Rewind - 24 June 2023 11:43 AM

which adventure games are exciting, except for the obvious, such as Life Is Strange / Quantic Dream / Telltale ones.

I think calling Telltale games exciting is a minority opinion.
Very often people say that the episodic format breaks immersion, or that the lack of actual puzzles in their later games is a turn-off.

Anyway, if it’s point-and-click, 2D, preferably pixel arts, and science fiction, you can count me excited, at least until the experience is spoilt by bad plot/puzzles/whatever.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

For me it is Talos and The Witness. I have finished them 3 or 4 times last years. There is something in those 2 games that when i play them i feel like there is more stuff to discover plus i love the puzzles and after a year or so there is some challenge solving them again.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

For me the obvious ones are the Gabriel Knight games, especially 2 and even more especially 3. And definitely Riven, URU and, to a lesser extent, Myst III: Exile. Starting up The Lost Crown also gives me that feeling of familiarity mixed with excitement. The original Dark Fall too.

Among the more recent games I think INFRA fits the bill for me. And I’m thinking about replaying both The Witness and The Talos Principle. I wouldn’t be surprised if I feel the same way about those that Nico2021 does.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Veovis - 25 June 2023 05:00 AM

Among the more recent games I think INFRA fits the bill for me.

Until now I never thought “exciting” and “fixing suburban infrastructure” would go together in the same sentence.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2017-07-22

PM

Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony
Disco Elysium
Dropsy
Kentucky Route Zero
Broken Age
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
The Cat Lady
Harvester
Stasis
Beautiful Desolation
Inside
Portal 2

Those have been some of the most captivating, memorable adventures for me so far. I really miss such deep experiences so I hope I’ll soon pick up a game that has a similar impact.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top