• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Getting Mata Hari to run under Windows 10

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Mata Hari is an adventure game which I’ve long wanted to play.  I’ve finally got myself a copy but I’m having trouble.  I’m able to get the game to start and access all of the options etc. I am also able to start a new game and watch the introductory video sequence, but once that ends, the game crashes back to the desktop.

I’ve tried putting the game under various compatibility options, as well as using DGVoodoo, but with no luck.  Does anybody else own the game and if so, do you have any advice for getting it to work?

Thank you.

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I spent a while trying to solve this issue, but there was still no luck.  I took a stab in the dark and “procured” a copy of the original CD-ROM release and it works like a charm.  I guess that this must be an issue with the Steam version of the game.  It’s worth noting that the CD-ROM and Steam versions have entirely different opening logos, so the Steam version must be the problem.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top