• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yes… for the millionth time…

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I’m sorry, as I’m sure that this kind of question has been asked before upon this forum, but I was just wondering whether it would be acceptable to include Laser Lightgun games as an “adventure game”, in terms of categorization?  The FMV based sub-genre got me thinking of the possibility of what defines an adventure game and the general clasifaction of genres.

I guess that I primarily ossasiate FMV with adventure games (somewhat with the notable exception of the Wing Commander series… though even that is debatable) and was thinking that more often than not; FMV designates a narrative based game and narrative based games tend to be adventure games.  Where does one draw the line personally?  I would be fascinated to hear your thoughts upon the matter.

I think specifically, I would care to hear your thoughts upon what defines and adventure game vs. a lightgun game such as Mad Dog McCree?  That is to say, what seperaes FMV titles from one another, given that live action filming of actors in an inherriently narrative medium, as are adventure games.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wing commander is my favorite series of all time. There is a choose your own adventure to it, but by no way is an adventure game to me. No puzzles or exploration. It is a flight simulator game, where progress is achieved by flying missions and winning or losing sends you on different paths.

Oh maddog another fun game, but not an adventure game at all. Just a fun laser gun game. Saddle up partner.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top