• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2006-11-03

PM

What about this project?

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

kickstarter

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Dreamfall I loved. The game was fabulous and I hoped the next chapter in this amazing saga would be out well before 2012. Dreamfall Chapters is at best TBD now.

Dreamfall: Chapters would be perfect for a kickstarter project - TLJ was a very loved adventure game and Dreamfall has it’s following too.

Grin

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-01

PM

I’d love to see this too someday, but honestly, I doubt it will. Ragnar’s got other priorities, and the game wasn’t a big (enough) seller for Funcom to put funding toward what would probably be a fairly expensive project.

But who knows? Perhaps we could get an “interactive comic” or some other kind of medium to finally tell this story.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

If $ is the problem then he can Kickstart it surely, and if there is enough interest he can give TLJ fans what we’ve been waiting for. If not, it’ll tell him there just isn’t the interest and he can go back to making MMOs or whatever it is he’s doing nowadays.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-01

PM

I agree that Kickstarter might be a good solution, but I suspect that route isn’t currently available to Ragnar due to his contractual obligations with Funcom. Since Funcom (maybe) owns the Dreamfall IP, they’d have to allow it to go to Kickstarter, and I wonder if there’s an interest in that. I suspect a Kickstarted project probably wouldn’t happen unless Ragnar stopped working for Funcom, but then, Funcom might retain control of the IP, so ???

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

The problem isn’t the money, its that Ragnar and all the Funcom resources are allocated to other projects and are not available. I’m sure once they get free (if they ever will) then they’ll evaluate the budget at that point and decide if they want to do a kickstarter.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

According to this (scroll to the bottom of the article), it looks like a Lego MMORPG is their next priority. Frown

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I don’t get Funcom’s reasoning. Dreamfall Chapters is a highly anticipated game in the adventure community. From what I can tell TSW has done okay but not nearly well enough (50% layoffs). Now they want to do another MMORPG?

Ok.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

inm8#2 - 29 September 2012 01:20 PM

I don’t get Funcom’s reasoning. Dreamfall Chapters is a highly anticipated game in the adventure community. From what I can tell TSW has done okay but not nearly well enough (50% layoffs). Now they want to do another MMORPG?

Ok.

All projects get layoffs. A project is done, they don’t need a lot of companies, mainly ones that are working on an MMO since these games are HUGE.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-09-23

PM

Don’t know what Funcom’s plans are. Remember, they’re primarily an online game company. However, it hasn’t been working out as well as they’ve hoped it would for the last five years or so.

Monolith - 29 September 2012 03:42 PM
inm8#2 - 29 September 2012 01:20 PM

Ok.

All projects get layoffs. A project is done, they don’t need a lot of companies, mainly ones that are working on an MMO since these games are HUGE.

The layoffs at Funcom after The Secret World aren’t just any normal layoffs. It was reported to be in response to the mediocre performance of The Secret World. It’s affected the entire company and all its operations.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’d like to see data and evidence of all projects getting layoffs.

Funcom’s financial woes were well reported and publicized.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Slightly relevant article on TSW, Funcom, Tornquist, etc.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/178530/The_Secret_World_and_the_tough_road_ahead.php#.UGoHolEQevt

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Great article. I’d still like to see DFC come out - but I see why it hasn’t so far.

Thumbs Up

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rezzed 2013 Gameplay walkthrough, 30+ min video , check out, thank me later

Hype +1.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The engine looks great!

Choice/consequence system with percentages of results shown (like Walking Dead) but not that important for the overall story, at least that what it seemed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top