• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Struggled Heroes (in Questioning Humanity/Sanity Adventures?)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

diego - 01 February 2013 07:17 AM

Sorry, Curse of Enchantia.

Hmm, I’ve never seen it before, though I’ve heard the name. It looks really good, but after some reading I was discouraged from trying. Action elements and such. Am I missing out?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dag - 01 February 2013 06:23 PM

It looks really good, but after some reading I was discouraged from trying. Action elements and such. Am I missing out?

I don’t think action elements should be your number 1 concern. Awkward interface on the other hand, SHOULD - it’s sort of a LucasArts/Sierra mix but not in the most user-friendly fashion. It’s icon-driven but most of the time you won’t be having a clue what you’re you doing. That is exactly why I think the game is hatred more than it should be, because many players (including myself) will give up to the cumbersome controls. Still, I think it’s a pretty unique game (little or no dialogs like in Machinarium) and I’ll definitely want to try it again sometime.

Perhaps you’d like to see the Let’s Play and decide for yourself.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 01 February 2013 11:27 AM

My favourite Led Zeppelin song is Kashmir, which is 26 seconds longer than Stairway to Heaven, and my favourite song of all time is ‘Arriving Somewhere (But Not Here)’ by Porcupine Tree - over 4 minutes longer than Stairway… Wink

My favourite Led Zeppelin track too TimovieMan!

Sefir - 01 February 2013 07:19 AM

Led Zeppelin Rules!!

I was lucky enough to get to see them at the Knebworth rock festival many years ago - it was dark so of course all the matches & lighters came out!

Sorry Advie - I’ve got a little off topic so to get back onto it:
the protagonist of So Blonde being a spoilt brat suddenly had to struggle without all her niceties in life…. but she did good!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 01 February 2013 08:20 PM

I was lucky enough to get to see them at the Knebworth rock festival many years ago - it was dark so of course all the matches & lighters came out!

I never got to see Led Zeppelin in full, but I got to see Page & Plant on their “No Quarter” tour in 1995 (with an exotic Egyptian orchestra). I was 14 years old and probably the youngest of about 7000 people in the Vorst Nationaal concert hall. One of the best concerts I’ve ever seen - it made me love Led Zeppelin even more!

the protagonist of So Blonde being a spoilt brat suddenly had to struggle without all her niceties in life…. but she did good!

Makes me think of the new Tomb Raider game that’s in the works. OK, it’s not an adventure game as we know it, but it fits the thread topic. Apparently, it’s going to be a prequel that shows how spoiled rich brat Lara Croft gets to endure a million hardships (shipwrecked, beaten up by a cannibal, raped, impaled on a sharp stick, blown up, nearly crushed in a cave-in, falling from a plane wreck, tumbling down a mountain on a rock slide, etc.) which will ultimately turn her into an elite treasure hunter.
Seriously, who writes these things? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

diego - 01 February 2013 07:00 PM

Perhaps you’d like to see the Let’s Play and decide for yourself.

Thanks, Diego Smile Looks like you’re right about the cumbersome interface. The rest of the game didn’t look that impressive either, some nice backgrounds, but other than that it looked kinda dull Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

No one mentions Larry? All that effort, pain, suffering. Surely the bravest hero.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zifnab - 03 February 2013 07:57 PM

No one mentions Larry? All that effort, pain, suffering. Surely the bravest hero.

Didn’t check the spoiler tags in the very first post, did you? Grin

Advie - 31 January 2013 07:22 PM

Larry Laffer .. am i for real or ?!! ... Tongue Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top