• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What classic Sierra game(s) would you like to see a prequel/sequel/remake of? And why?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-04-16

PM

The game that always intrigued me was Time Zone. I’d like the idea of an open world, both in geographic locations as well as time zones.

Then, I’d love to see a new Gabriel Knight in the style of GK1 but using all modern technologies. How awesome would that dark gritty comic book style be when presented in smoothly animated, high resolution, really sucking you into a believable dark world. Something, by the way, that the 20th anniversary edition didn’t do for me. I’m talking full and high caliber animation + art direction.

Because… I also have an argument against remakes: many times, the old pixel art is just way better than detailed new graphics. Pixels is like reading a book: you have to use your own imagination.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

FireFlower - 04 June 2023 09:40 AM

What about Willy Beamish, as a teenager?

Considering Willy Beamish was all about Willy getting into trouble, there would have to be a lot of sex, drugs and rock n roll.

Or how about a geriatric Willy who’s on his deathbed? Leads a senior citizen rebellion in the hospital palliative care unit, coming up against doctors and nurses who want to “ground” him and take his lunch money.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Time Zone definetly is a game that would benefit from being remade with a modern engine. It was an extremely ambitious game for its time in terms of sheer scale and it was pretty amazing what they could pull off with the tech of the time.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

The ecoquest serie,  Pepper’s Adventures in Time, Dr Brain series

I find that the educational titles were rather charming and a ton of fun actually. I find that there doesn’t seem to be that many recent games that have this balance of being great for kids, slightly educational while being a ton of fun.

Ecoquest would also be extremely relevant nowadays.

Or how about a geriatric Willy who’s on his deathbed? Leads a senior citizen rebellion in the hospital palliative care unit, coming up against doctors and nurses who want to “ground” him and take his lunch money.

Now that would be hilarious. It would also make me feel super old though.
Can’t say I loved Willy beamish though, the game and story were fun but I remember it being frustrating to play.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-12-16

PM

It’s a boring answer for sure, But Gabriel Knight 4. We have been waiting almost 25 years now. Come on Jane, please make it happen. Maybe if Microsoft ends up buying Activision, it will be possible? Fingers crossed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top