• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blood Nova - a new 2D point and click adventure game - is now out!

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

Hello everyone! I’m very happy to announce the release of Blood Nova, a 2D point and click adventure game played from a first person perspective.

You can get it on Steam and Itch.

Steam link: https://bit.ly/blood-nova

Itch: https://cosmicvoid.itch.io/blood-nova

Trailer:

Blood Nova is currently available on Windows and Linux. A MacOS version is in the works.

Premise: Princess Love is set to assume the throne of a powerful galactic empire. But when conspirators try to thwart her ascension, Love and her best friend Kel become stranded on an interstellar lighthouse. Prove Love worthy of rule in this thrilling point and click adventure game.

Story & design by Ross Joseph Gardner, soundtrack by Donovan Jonk, code & illustration by yours truly. I’d also like to thank Steven Don who’s supported the project from inception and the many Kickstarter backers who helped make it a reality.

Have fun!

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Nice one mate! Looking forward to giving this one a go soon. :-)

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

CaptainD - 05 October 2022 05:28 PM

Nice one mate! Looking forward to giving this one a go soon. :-)

Cheers, Dave! Smile

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

That looks nice. I’ll keep an eye on it ... and hopefully not forgot all about it Wink

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I won a copy of this game on a steam last night, so I’ll give it a go very soon.  It certainly looks good.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Hi Owly,

Congratulations! Game looks really cool; bleak but beautiful. Can you tell me a bit about the difficulty level of the puzzles?

Thanks!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2022-01-07

PM

Although I’ve played the demo, I haven’t yet managed to play the full game yet - but I’ve been listening to the soundtrack repeatedly. One of the best soundtracks I’ve ever listened to it, and I’ve no doubt the game will live up to it.

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

Baron_Blubba - 06 October 2022 05:05 PM

Hi Owly,

Congratulations! Game looks really cool; bleak but beautiful. Can you tell me a bit about the difficulty level of the puzzles?

Thanks!

Hey there! Shouldn’t be too difficult! At least that’s what people say. If you get stuck, ask for help on the forums or the Discord channel, I’ll be happy to help. Smile

And thanks everyone!

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

inklingwood - 06 October 2022 05:50 PM

Although I’ve played the demo, I haven’t yet managed to play the full game yet - but I’ve been listening to the soundtrack repeatedly. One of the best soundtracks I’ve ever listened to it, and I’ve no doubt the game will live up to it.

Thank you! I’ll definitely let the composers know. Smile

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-09-29

PM

This game is not only amazing, but the people are insanely talented and very down to earth.  I just beat the game on a 6 hour bender where they hung out with me all the way while I livestreamed on Youtube…not to mention they hung out with me the time before as I played through the second part of this huge game. 

But I am certainly no huge influencer…I just hit 100 subs and while I’m learning as I go, I’m certainly not well versed in clever editing tricks and techniques yet. but I’ll tell you that the time I had with the game while livestreaming along with all the people who made it and took the time to show appreciation for a small time fan has me rooting for them to succeed. 

I urge anyone who likes space and adventure games (if you like Dune…I especially urge you) to find some gameplay video and check out the art (the dome screenshot happens to be I believe the first or one of the first that the sprite artist made…and boy is it gorgeous).  I think the only way to check out the music is to check several videos as well. 

BUT I also advise you…pay close attention to the story, because there are subtle hints that can be used (if you bother remembering the information) to make certain puzzles easier, though they’re all very logical regardless!  There is not any moon logic in this space adventure… 

I’ll say that I love the writing so much because it creates an entire universe with its own lore and its own factoids and logic without resorting to a huge text dump or a cheesy monologue.  You learn organically as you go along and if you let it, the game will suck you in, like it did me.  I’m not an advertiser, nor am I a team member posing as a random dude, nor am I looking to milk subs for some YT page.  I’m just an adventure fan who is thankful for the kindness of a hardworking team who gave me what felt like exclusive treatment.  The dev stories they had to share were fun to learn.  And, the easter egg was a very touching act of recognition and appreciation.  But the story is not mine to just blurt out.  Ask them about these stories after checking the game out!  The team has some neat info to share! But I am guessing they’re being modest! 

Mostly, thanks to everybody at Cosmic Void—you all did a wonderful job!  Smile

I just hope people like this do well.
~Crazypumpkin

Image Attachments

blood_nova_catwalk.pngblood_nova_banner.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2014-03-07

PM

Thanks Crazypumpkin, I’m very glad you enjoyed the game! Smile

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I recently played this game to completion. It is indeed very Dune-ish.
Unfortunately, the game wasn’t for me…but looking at the response here and in a great deal of places elsewhere, it struck a very positive chord with lots of other people.

Looking forward to your next game, Cosmic Void; I really dug The Corruption Within.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top