• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time to evaluate this year Adventures ?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Few things:

1) I have 46 games on my 3DS - 6 of them pure adventure games - VLR is one of the best adventure games I’ve ever played on any system. My 3DS XL is $195 well spent. You can’t get a decent graphics card for that price.

2) The 3DS plays all DS games - and the DS has hundreds of adventure games. Many of them - like “Trace Memory” and “Last Window” and “Ghost Trick” won every award there was to win.

I guess it is a bit early to start naming a GOTY, but honestly Virtue’s Last Reward is the best thing I’ve played this year and I can’t even imagine anything getting close to it among the games that’ll be released

VLR has already won several awards. One major website named it a top twenty release for 2012 - irregardless of genre or platform. Another named it “best 3DS game of the year” and finally one site awarded it “Highest Rated Adventure Game of the Year.”

I loved VLR - the game is a classic and I will play it again soon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Mikekelly - 29 November 2012 10:41 PM

I have 46 games on my 3DS - 6 of them pure adventure games

Seriously, 46 games on 3DS ?!! How is that possible ?! I’ve bought something like… 7, or 8 ? I could possibly have 5 more, but I don’t know what I could buy then. There’s almost nothing interesting released on the console yet !

My 3DS XL is $195 well spent. You can’t get a decent graphics card for that price.

Here I have to agree. I never regret buying a DS or 3DS. Don’t go think the games are not interesting because of the small screen size : the screen is absolutely comfortable. I played hundreds of hours on the DS to exciting games, and the only restriction to graphics was the power of the console, not the quality of the screen.
I say that because of the Myst version you talked earlier : if the game is bad on DS or 3DS, it’s not due to the console or its small screen, it’s all due to the quality of the portage (or is it porting ?).

Many of them - like “Trace Memory” and “Last Window” and “Ghost Trick” won every award there was to win.

Yeah, every adventure fan should get a cheap DS with these games ! Also add Layton, Phenix Wright and many others !

honestly Virtue’s Last Reward is the best thing I’ve played this year and I can’t even imagine anything getting close to it among the games that’ll be released

Do you mean that VLR is released ??? Or am I thinking of the wrong game ? (the “sequel” to 999 ?) I never heard of the release here in Europe ! Do you own a japanese version, or is it out already in the US ? My… ! With the regions on the 3DS, I just can’t buy it, and I’m sure it will never get here. I’m disgusted !

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

1) In the USA, over 300 games have been released for the 3DS. I have racing games, shooters, fighting games as well as adventure games. Currently I’m playing “Code of Princess” on it.

2) VLR will be released in Europe before the end of 2012.

3) Yes, an old DS is quite a bargain, used ones in the US are $60 dollars.

Thumbs Up

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hey thanks a lot for the info ! Great news for VLR Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top