• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sylv, you’ve already played The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow. Would you be interested in leading this community playthrough?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #76 will end at midnight GMT on Thursday, December 29.

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (6) - Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Walas74, Rtrooney, Sylv

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It looks like a runaway. I’ll nominate Syberia 4 just to make it seem as if there is some competition.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (6) - Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Walas74, Rtrooney, Sylv

Syberia 4 (1) - Rtrooney

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Side note: In the past I have nominated Still Life 2. I am currently playing the game as, I guess, a flash playthrough with Skeeter. All I can say is I’m glad the game never won. I seemed to be perfectly set up for a playthrough. You play as two characters. You start out playing as Victoria McPherson from the original game. And you play until you’re playing as Paloma Hernandez. And play until you’re again playing as Vic.

It seems so simple. But it is not. It is a terribly difficult game. Glad that it never achieved PT status.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey all, I recently re-played the original Black Mirror and thought it would work well for a playthrough. Hoping that Hob’s Barrow makes this one, but thought I would get The Black Mirror on the board to see if there’s any interest for the future. I would be happy to lead.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, Black Mirror games are always in my pending list, so I would definitely join a CTP in the future!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Black Mirror (1) - Intense Degree (leader)
Syberia 4 (1) - Rtrooney

Total Posts: 1662

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I might play hobs barrow with yall with the commentary on. The More i thought about the game the more liked it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Intense Degree - 23 December 2022 04:17 AM

Hey all, I recently re-played the original Black Mirror and thought it would work well for a playthrough. Hoping that Hob’s Barrow makes this one, but thought I would get The Black Mirror on the board to see if there’s any interest for the future. I would be happy to lead.

The Black Mirror has at least one thing going for it ... a leader. I’ve not played any of the games, so I read the AG review and took a quick pass through the screenshots. It seems awfully dark. And while there was no direct comparison, the review sounded like it was reviewing Ravenhurst without the hidden object scenes.

Similar to my comment above re: Still Life 2, Black Mirror seems to easily break itself into self-contained episodes. But then that ease falls apart when the actual gameplay starts.

I will happily listen to other opinions. You can convince me for a future CPT. No vote for this one.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It seems The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow is destined to win. A reminder that I will be unable to join the playthrough until January 9. So if anyone says “Where’s Tim? He voted for the game!” you are forewarned.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I’ll be very happy to play along with Black Mirror the next time!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sylv - Don’t recall if you ever replied, yes/no, either is OK, regarding your willingness to lead Hob’s

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow will be community playthrough #76.  Let’s see if anyone steps up to lead it.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 24 December 2022 01:04 PM

I might play hobs barrow with yall with the commentary on. The More i thought about the game the more liked it.

Are you interested in leading the CPT? Your main task would be to divide the game in bite-sized chunks and tell us where to stop.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top