• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Adv_Lvr - 21 March 2022 09:33 AM

FYI - it helps to enjoy games to have the right hardware, my Alienware gaming PC and Switch OLED really bring games to life.

Lastly, I will always read reviews of games, in general, highly reviewed games have given me better game experiences than poorly reviewed ones

Yes, it probably wouldn’t hurt to have an Alienware. Indie games have been a huge disappointment lately anyway, while reviews are getting more and more forgivable and politically-motivated, so I find them hard to trust. At least unless I have enough critical feedback from ordinary gamers for comparison.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

FYI - it helps to enjoy games to have the right hardware, my Alienware gaming PC and Switch OLED really bring games to life.

That is right!
I play it on an Asus Rogue series, and the only thing I wished for is a better monitor: my bigger monitor is so much less then the monitor of the laptop, but I want to see the game on the big screen.

I finished the game now, and will replay it because I somehow did not finish all the side quests.

I love the automaton puzzles and some of them are not that easy, but I solved all of them without having to ask for hints.

The only thing I dislike about the game is that you cannot walk free with the WASD-keys and the mouse to change your perspective. Point-and-click with automatic perspective changing is much less usable, I think.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I was trying to get syberia 2 to run, but cant. I still have my original copy with the two disc but when I launch the game, it goes to a black screen and then back to Windows. I tried to run it in compatibility mode and as the administrator and nothing worked. Do any of y’all have any suggestions?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Jdawg445 - 22 March 2022 07:23 AM

I was trying to get syberia 2 to run, but cant. I still have my original copy with the two disc but when I launch the game, it goes to a black screen and then back to Windows. I tried to run it in compatibility mode and as the administrator and nothing worked. Do any of y’all have any suggestions?

What resolution do you have? Syberia 1 at least has issues in running on resolutions over 1920x1080, apparently, on some setups, the resolution has to be set lower than that.

That said, I did just recently replay S2 on my ultrawide screen and it did work without a hitch, but there might be version differences. S1, however, worked only after I set my resolution to 1920x1080.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tomimt - 22 March 2022 08:40 AM
Jdawg445 - 22 March 2022 07:23 AM

What resolution do you have? Syberia 1 at least has issues in running on resolutions over 1920x1080, apparently, on some setups, the resolution has to be set lower than that.

That said, I did just recently replay S2 on my ultrawide screen and it did work without a hitch, but there might be version differences. S1, however, worked only after I set my resolution to 1920x1080.

Not sure but I will mess with it some again this weekend. Thank you

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I really do want to play this new one but my computer barely meets the requirements and I think it would be a stuttering mess,so I will wait for a console version.

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I’m so glad the game is getting good reviews. I also went ahead and got it and started playing for a few hours. I’m loving it so far, the graphics are definitely amazing. This is what I was craving for so long, a great looking traditional adventure game with good production values and a more serious tone. I agree that it takes some cues from Life is Strange with a more casual approach (so far at least) and the introspection moments. But hopefully the puzzles would pick up later on though.

Jdawg445 - 22 March 2022 10:46 AM

I really do want to play this new one but my computer barely meets the requirements and I think it would be a stuttering mess,so I will wait for a console version.

I have an older computer with an RX 480 and I was able to play it in High settings with no issues, so the game is not that demanding. But if you have an older computer I guess is better to be on the safe side

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Doom - 21 March 2022 09:52 PM

Lastly, I will always read reviews of games, in general, highly reviewed games have given me better game experiences than poorly reviewed ones

Yes, it probably wouldn’t hurt to have an Alienware. Indie games have been a huge disappointment lately anyway, while reviews are getting more and more forgivable and politically-motivated, so I find them hard to trust. At least unless I have enough critical feedback from ordinary gamers for comparison.

That’s why I have two systems. The Switch is for indies, the smaller OLED screen makes indies look much better. I tried an indie on the Alienware, never again.

I’ve heard Syberia 4 will be released on the Switch. Personally, I think this game is best played on the PC. I recently cleaned out the adventure games made between 2005 and 2012 at half price books. These games are the last disk releases before the PC went digital. They all look and play amazingly. The best of the lot is Gray Matter.

Syberia 4 looks and plays like a game from that era, a traditional adventure game with stunning graphics.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I completed the game and it’s great. The World Before really breathes life into the Syberia franchise again. Good mysteries, great settings, phenomenal music. A fantastic dedication to the legacy of Benoit Sokal and his art.

If the puzzles were a bit more in depth it would be even better but nonetheless it’s a fantastic game.

You could always just give it a shot to check the performance since Valve lets you refund games if you’ve played less than two hours.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 22 March 2022 04:39 PM

I completed the game and it’s great. The World Before really breathes life into the Syberia franchise again. Good mysteries, great settings, phenomenal music. A fantastic dedication to the legacy of Benoit Sokal and his art.

If the puzzles were a bit more in depth it would be even better but nonetheless it’s a fantastic game.

You could always just give it a shot to check the performance since Valve lets you refund games if you’ve played less than two hours.

I might just do that

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

As far as I know GOG doesn’t give you that option. When the game comes up for a CPT, I will have to go Steam for the two-hour refund option if it won’t play on my PC. (Even though Steam is my least favorite DL option.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 22 March 2022 09:33 PM

As far as I know GOG doesn’t give you that option. When the game comes up for a CPT, I will have to go Steam for the two-hour refund option if it won’t play on my PC. (Even though Steam is my least favorite DL option.)

All you have to do is enter something like “GOG refund” in Google. Or go to support.gog.com.(HINT: the GOG rules for applying for a refund are better than Steam’s rules.) But of course you didn’t even bother to check. You’d rather whine and play the victim, like you’ve been doing for as long as I can remember.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

PlanetX - 22 March 2022 04:39 PM

I’m about 6 hours in myself, too bad this could not have been Syberia 3. It’s an amazing game, I’ll need a second replay to fully enjoy all this stunning game has to offer.

I’m looking forward to reading this sites review of the game, it will be an interesting read. Hope this game sells in droves and we get many more like it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been playing now for over 14 hrs & I’m still just over half-way through.

Visually the game is stunning & the story has completely engrossed me.

For anyone that’s a fan of the original Syberia you’ve got to try & play this somehow - the only thing is that if you’re a puzzle aficionado you may be disappointed with the lack of challenge although I have found the puzzles so far interesting & seemingly getting harder just recently.    Smile

EDIT Please Tim (Rooney) try downloading the game to give it a go if you’re interested & if it doesn’t work see here about refunds on GOG:
Smile GOG Refunds

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

A real world novel recommendation from a fantastical world.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top