• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

anything to recommend for a beginner?

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

thanks everyone, I guess it will be best to start the series with curse of monkey island, but after finishing a few games. discworld seems too science fiction for my taste, but I gotta try it too

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rustyiron - 15 January 2013 12:47 PM

discworld seems too science fiction for my taste, but I gotta try it too

It’s not science fiction at all. It’s hilarious fantasy… Tongue

(And you should really play the Monkey Island games in order…) Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Anyone mentioned Nick Chase: A Detective Story? It is not too long, not too difficult and is a detective story as it name implies. And I especially like its comic art style. Try it if you have not played it. Mata Hari is a great game too. You play as the mysterious spy Mata Hari and complete the jobs given to you. Your performances will affect the ending. It’s really captivating. Diner Town: Detective Agency and Avenue Flo are also easy and fun games to pass time.

Btw, I am looking for games that are similar to Dracula: Origin, which I just played through. I loved it so much that I’d like more vampire-themed point-and-click adventure games. Anyone can recommend some to me? Thank you.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

vickeyee - 16 January 2013 03:19 AM

Btw, I am looking for games that are similar to Dracula: Origin, which I just played through. I loved it so much that I’d like more vampire-themed point-and-click adventure games. Anyone can recommend some to me? Thank you.

You might like Dracula: Resurrection - Dracula: The Last Sanctuary - Dracula: Path of the Dragon. I only played the last one. Quite hard, great atmosphere, recommended.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

Anyone mentioned Nick Chase: A Detective Story? It is not too long, not too difficult and is a detective story as it name implies. And I especially like its comic art style. Try it if you have not played it. Mata Hari is a great game too. You play as the mysterious spy Mata Hari and complete the jobs given to you. Your performances will affect the ending. It’s really captivating. Diner Town: Detective Agency and Avenue Flo are also easy and fun games to pass time.

well, I’m afraid nick chase and diner town seem to include hidden object pixel hunting, which imho is the last thing an adventure game should. unfortunately, most of the games with detective theme share this problem.

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Fien - 16 January 2013 08:04 AM

You might like Dracula: Resurrection - Dracula: The Last Sanctuary - Dracula: Path of the Dragon. I only played the last one. Quite hard, great atmosphere, recommended.

Thank you! I liked Dracula: Origin because Dracula in it was quite handsome… And the Dracula here in the first two games… not really for me Laughing  I’ve played Path of the Dragon I but found it too difficult to go on as I always lost direction, so I just watched its game video on Youtube. It’s the same fun nonetheless. Thank you again.

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

rustyiron - 16 January 2013 09:05 AM

well, I’m afraid nick chase and diner town seem to include hidden object pixel hunting, which imho is the last thing an adventure game should. unfortunately, most of the games with detective theme share this problem.

Oh sorry, I played Nick Chase and Diner Town a long time ago, but I don’t remember they contain hidden object scenes. Apart from those they are good. Have you tried the Syberia series? They are probably the best AVGs. Similar to it are the Secret Files series, Art of Murder series, Still Life. Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express is also a good one. And an odd one: Dirty Split, a cartoon styled and short game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyone new wanna start playing adventures wait for LSL-RELOADED ,
you had waited so much already and its coming out in March (Guaranteed) that is a word From Larry himself personally

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I completely recommend “Crime Stories” - should be perfect for you.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

vickeyee - 16 January 2013 07:33 PM

Oh sorry, I played Nick Chase and Diner Town a long time ago, but I don’t remember they contain hidden object scenes. Apart from those they are good. Have you tried the Syberia series? They are probably the best AVGs. Similar to it are the Secret Files series, Art of Murder series, Still Life. Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express is also a good one. And an odd one: Dirty Split, a cartoon styled and short game.

thanks a lot, I shall check Art of murder and dirty split soon, they seem appropriate for my taste. Orient express was pretty nice but I think evil under the sun was better.

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

rustyiron - 18 January 2013 05:17 PM
vickeyee - 16 January 2013 07:33 PM

thanks a lot, I shall check Art of murder and dirty split soon, they seem appropriate for my taste. Orient express was pretty nice but I think evil under the sun was better.

I’ll try evil under the sun then.  Laughing

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

HitBattousai - 13 January 2013 10:55 PM

Emerald City Confidential would probably be a good call for you.  It doesn’t require much out of your computer, has a good story, good art, and the puzzles are easy.

I’ve just finished it, was fun to play, thanks

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-06-23

PM

Legend of Crystal Valley, though as many others have said there’s Broken Sword and Emerald City Confidential by Dave Gilbert. Legend is almost insulting to the experienced adventure gamer (and may well be for total newcomers), but I see no issues with it as a start within the genre. Have fun Smile

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18277

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top