• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Sherlock Holmes adventure game?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think my favourite game is Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper.

I liked all of the Sherlock Holmes games to be quite honest but I did very much like Nemeses but found it quite whizzy so I may have another go with the Remastered version.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

RT,
My post wasn’t directed at Walas or anyone else who has been here a while.  I was just letting Neuro and any other new member know our stand on this.  What people do on their own time is not our business, but links posted to specific abandonware sites could be a problem for us. 

By the way, the rules and guidelines were updated 2 years ago.

To get back on topic, I have not yet played a Sherlock Holmes game.  I own The Case of the Rose Tatoo and Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective that I hope to play this year.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Didn’t expect my question to generate such a vigorous debate on cyberlaws and the like, but did enjoy reading it. You learn something new everyday, I suppose.

My biggest worry with abandonware was viruses, but knowing that there could be legal ramifications to downloading from there - I best err on the side of caution.

Nevertheless, thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 07 June 2022 11:40 AM

RT, by the way, the rules and guidelines were updated 2 years ago.

I live in a condominium complex. Our rules/regulations/bylaws are reviewed annually. But that doesn’t mean that every guideline gets reviewed every year.

Just saying that this particular guideline might need reviewing.

And, FWIW I have no clue as to where I might find the totality of these guidelines. Or where I might offer suggestions/amendments to same.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

They’re in the Site and Forum Feedback section.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

So there I am, checking out the Frogwares website and I come across this:

https://frogwares.com/gallery/2/?sort=video

I finished the whole game and at no point did this happen. I understand the game has a multiple choice and consequences deal to it, but was this for the marketing campaign?

I wonder what the replayability factor is with that one.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t know myself as I never got that far but as far as I did you can make choices & some of them not so moral.
I doubt whether Frogwares need to go to the bother of creating salubrious content to sell their game but perhaps you’ll come across it depending on the choices you make!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top