• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

harald - 02 August 2012 07:56 PM

Sefir, here are some clues for how to map the maze. The coloured doors are in different order in the different rooms. Also look at the ceiling and floor for holes that let you reach other floors. Those details should enable you to create a map of the place. It’s still not particularly easy. If you don’t like mazes, I can post a map later. Smile Ah, what the hell. [spoiler]Seeing as I’ve already made it, here it is. I hope it’s legible. The red lines denote hatches in the ceiling/floor.[/spoiler]

Thanks harald. I already knew how to open the doors, but the map was really needed. Time for exploration Wink

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Just finished the Soldier’s Emp-Tel. Very nice one. I especially liked the conversations in the background from the other members of the hive (“I recently saw a very scary movie!! The ex-Terminator!!”). Also, I believe there is no person who played this Emp-Tel and his very first moves were not to break the egg or sit on the throne Naughty.
After the final “push”, I grew a strange desire for bowling… Wink

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’ll post the next Emp-Tel tomorrow. But I haven’t had time to keep ahead of the rest of you, so I’m not entirely sure which Emp-Tel we should play next. Of course I don’t want to make the wrong decision and screw things up for other people, so I’ll have to consult a walkthrough. Right now, I’m thinking either the Robot or Celia. LadyK?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I don’t remember what you gain from the robot’s flashback so it’s possible that I’m wrong here, but shouldn’t we get around to Click Snap Snap Rattle soon? I remember losing at least once before because I hadn’t done his in time. Of course, it depends on how much poking everyone has done in the bar. Just a thought, anyway.

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I seem to remember that you get a code from the robot to reprogram him in the bar.  It has something to do with betting.

I think it would be better to do Click next, too.  Not getting the information we need from him could be hazardous to Alias’ health.

Sefir,
I haven’t finished Zzazzl yet, but I do remember getting egg on my face several times the last time I played.  Laughing

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Okidoki, let’s tackle drugdealer Click Snap Snap Rattle next.  Too bad he’s an unpleasant creature and I hate his voice, it grates on the ears.  So let’s clickety-click our way through the fourth Emp-Tel.  Smile

By the way, I went into the kitchen just now and explored. No crashes, the game behaved beautifully. So far I haven’t run into any problems. Maybe it’s the newer Windows versions that are causing crashes? The first time I played the Space Bar on my then brand new XP, and this time I’m using my old win98 machine.

Quote of the Day: Unfortunately, when God was handing out dexterity I thought he said “cod liver oil”. (Alias)

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6596

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sorry everyone, I’m way behind, just started Seedrot’s flashback. I love the flora.  Kiss Haven’t done much, talked to mother, tried to catch a bee:

“Missed, missed, missed” Ughhh, it’s a voice you love to hate, like Mona in A Vampyre Story. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I have been wondering about something from Click’s flashback since… well, since I finished it for the first time. How on earth are you supposed to know which queebs to poison? I mean, the first ones on duty are always A and E. It would make sense to poison D and F, since D hasn’t been out today and F was the first to go out (and thus has had the longest rest). But no, Whine chooses queebs D and I. How could you possibly know this? I seem to recall a walkthrough stating this was a bug, but I’m not sure. Did anyone work this out without using trial and error?

I’m once again impressed by the clever ideas put into this game. The Auditons have no eyes, only big ears, something that you naturally have to keep in mind while playing through the Emp-Tel. It’s almost annoying that you only get these brief glimpses of the other alien worlds, they seem so interesting to explore. I wish you could spend more time in the aliens’ memories, and learn more about them.

And here’s a big question about the gameplay in the bar. It’s about the ResiduePrinting wand. How is this supposed to work, exactly? I have scanned several things in the bar and got the results back, usually with files on the people that I traced. But I still have a big ‘N’ in the suspect list in the Residue Printed column. Am I doing something wrong? If so, could I have a hint on what I’m missing? Maybe this is the piece I was missing on my earlier playthroughs, that stopped me from getting to the endgame.

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Harald,
I think that even though you put your last paragraph in spoilers that maybe you shouldn’t give out that particular information or else put BIG SPOILER OF THE ENDING before it. Pan

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, one of the “rules” of every community playthrough is that we only discuss the episode we’re currently playing. And the new spoiler tags don’t help either. So please remove the last paragraph about the voice printer, harald.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Sorry about that, I didn’t realise how much of a spoiler it was. Not exactly related to the ending though, as far as I know (I haven’t finished the game, remember). And it’s a bit difficult to tell what parts are OK to discuss considering how non-linear the game is. The spoiler tags work fine in every environment I’ve tested, by the way.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Harald, I get the same N for my Residue Printing. Don’t know what’s up with that, but…. I seem to remember you lose the ResiduePrinter at some point?.

And about the paragraph you deleted:[spoiler] I don’t know anything, but it’s possible that you might be in for a surprise. Hehehe… [evil cackle]. [/spoiler]

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, just to say that I’m still in this. I haven’t been on the forums for the better part of these last two weeks, nor have I had a lot of time to game (personal life got in the way - it’s funny how I get to play more games on a day where I have to work than on a day off).

I’m still in the Fleebix Emp-Tel (will try to catch up as fast as I can), and my thoughts so far are as follows:

- Graphics still hold up pretty well, no complaints there
- Gameplay so far is brutal - exploring the bar means certain failure due to the speed at which the game ticks go by. Do something you weren’t supposed to in an Emp-Tel and you have to start over. I’m saving like it’s an early Sierra game, and I don’t like doing that.
- Puzzles are often hard. If, during Fleebix’ Emp-Tel, I hadn’t heard the conversation in the truck about the nav-points three times, I wouldn’t have been able to complete the related puzzle. Plus it took me ages to get on the effin’ bus (it also didn’t help that I started with Fleebix’ Emp-Tel before doing Thud’s).
- The game is hilarious! Just exploring the bar gets you plenty of fun remarks and great pop culture references. I loved the North By Northwest bit in Fleebix’ Emp-Tel. Totally random, but as soon as I saw that plane, I knew what I was in for. Also Thud’s hilarious reaction when he’s “cleaning up” outdoors (while you’re waiting for the bus). The time when he passes on the cleaning device (or whatever it is) with one hand in the sky, had me in stitches. After that, we of course had the obligatory “passing of the device without Thud” and “Thud chasing the device”. Top notch slapstick.

Did anyone check the banner in the lobby after it gets repaired? There’s two funny lines in there (between some sentences that are more ‘legit’):
- Help! I am a prisoner at Boffo Games! Hundreds of programmers, chained to their computers, fed stale bread crusts! Send help quick! The address is—Aargh!!...
- Admit it—- you’re having more fun than when you played Myst…

The game IS funny, I’ll grant it that. And it’s original, and also HUGE! If the gameplay were less brutal, this’d be a lot better, though, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6596

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

diego - 27 July 2012 08:25 AM

Ok, this game is HUGE!

TimovieMan - 09 August 2012 01:05 PM

and also HUGE!

diego - 21 July 2012 06:42 AM

graphics are not dated

- Graphics still hold up pretty well

diego - 27 July 2012 08:25 AM

The moment I saw the plane I knew what was coming.

but as soon as I saw that plane, I knew what I was in for

diego - 01 August 2012 11:46 AM

The game is hard

- Puzzles are often hard.

diego - 01 August 2012 11:46 AM

and be aware of what you’re supposed to do (navigation dial)

the conversation in the truck about the nav-points

Great minds…  Innocent

BTW, I’m still at Seedrot’s. Shifty Eyed I don’t have idea what I’m supposed to do. Tried to use the phone, listened to TV, talked to mother… I think I missed or forgot some critical piece of information to understand this emp-tel better, but I’m too lazy to load a game. Will try later.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Especially for diego:

Can you hear it?
I still can hear it!

I had no time to play the whole week. As TimovieMan said: real live has a way to making own plans ...
This game should be played in no rush. It is so detailled and has so many little things to admire.
I only i could understand all the things these people say!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top