• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have a strange problem….I’m not sure that my Laptop HAS a Scroll Lock button….and if I’m going to play the Soldier Emp-Tel with the bug-eye vision on (a true adventure player! Tongue ), I will probably need to wear glasses after the Emp-Tel. Any suggestions???

Total Posts: 4273

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 01 August 2012 11:46 AM
zobraks - 21 July 2012 03:14 AM

I have a (simple) question: is there any clue in the game about the number nav dial on the scooter should be set to?

You don’t need a clue - it’s the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything Sarcastic

Oh, it’s forty-two then? The ultimate answer to everything! Whenever someone asks me something I don’t know the first thing about I exclaim “Forty-two!”

Sefir - 01 August 2012 12:45 PM

I have a strange problem. I’m not sure that my Laptop HAS a Scroll Lock button… Any suggestions???

Read this, it might help.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Sefir, are you sure there isn’t an option in the main menu as well? I’m not at home of the moment so I can’t check.

I played the Zzazzl flashback yesterday. I’ll post more later, I’ll just say that I’m glad I saved my map of the mine maze from my last attempt at the game. There are quite a few clever things in this flashback, but quite difficult and sometimes badly clued.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 01 August 2012 01:02 PM
Sefir - 01 August 2012 12:45 PM

I have a strange problem. I’m not sure that my Laptop HAS a Scroll Lock button… Any suggestions???

Read this, it might help.

It did. Problem solved. Thanks.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 01 August 2012 01:19 PM

Problem solved.

How exactly? It may be useful to someone else.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems I was overjoyed far too early. The Scroll Lock I found (on the mouse. Just push the wheel to the left.), only works on a windows 7 environment…. and there is no on-screen keyboard on windows 98 (I play TSB in Virtual PC windows 98). I’ll have some more research on the subject, but I just want to ask one question to everyone else who have already played Soldier’s Emp-Tel. Is it playable with his insectoid vision on?

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I toggled it off right away.  I don’t think I could have done it otherwise.

Zobraks,
You have to stay out of the box long enough while you’re in the truck to hear the clue.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

On-screen keyboard saved the day. It took 2 tries (I don’t know why it didn’t work the first time), but by using it on windows 7(press windows+R, then type osk), I can finally play the Emp-Tel without having to gauge my eyes out.

Problem solved. This time for good.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 August 2012 01:56 PM

Zobraks,
You have to stay out of the box long enough while you’re in the truck to hear the clue.

Lady K, but my main problem with TSB is that I can’t get what the characters say all the time. I’ve listened to that another Neblitz-Salivraster couple, but to no avail.

I know the right navdial number, though.

The last time I played TSB it was on the Clock tower, but I was completely clueless about what I was supposed to do with those crystals and how. Even after reading part of the solution (I didn’t know how to replace the bad crystal - I didn’t even figure out how to tell a bad/broken crystal from a good/working crystal, they look(ed) the same to me). This is the first time I found an UHS file (almost) useless.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 01 August 2012 03:30 PM

The last time I played TSB it was on the Clock tower, but I was completely clueless about what I was supposed to do with those crystals and how. Even after reading part of the solution (I didn’t know how to replace the bad crystal - I didn’t even figure out how to tell a bad/broken crystal from a good/working crystal, they look(ed) the same to me). This is the first time I found an UHS file (almost) useless.

I don’t understand why you don’t ask US, your fellow players, instead. I’m more than willing to drop subtle or less subtle hints, but you said you didn’t want any. And then you go to UHS…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Im still at the beginning in the hive.
What i love about the game: every new alien is crazy in his own special way. So instead of trying to understand one alien brain we have to figure out different ways of thinking and seeing the world.
I hope you understand, what i mean.
If not: please notice that i used the word “crazy” in a positive kind of way.
I hope i can end the hive-chapter soon.
Can’t wait to become aquainted with another livestyle of the inhabitants of this crazy univers.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Help!! I’m a-mazed!!

A map!! My kingdom for a map!!!

I know the trick to open the doors, but I need some navigation help here….

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 01 August 2012 06:24 PM

I don’t understand why you don’t ask US, your fellow players, instead. I’m more than willing to drop subtle or less subtle hints, but you said you didn’t want any. And then you go to UHS…

Let me explain: I can’t play a game when I have to ask for a help (mainly about what some character says) (each and) every minute. It kills the fun of it.

When I play TSB I feel like I’m playing a Chinese game: I need a translation every now and then.
If only they had put subtitles in it.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this game is full of brilliant ideas. I just wish I didn’t have to, as the player who is supposed to enjoy all the extra gags and optional things going on at the side, be punished for exploring. It’s easy to waste far too many clicks on speaking to unessential characters and looking at (looking! it takes a whole tick to “look” at something!? chatting with a character for minutes also takes just one tick!) objects. I might be a little paranoid after having tried and failed to beat this game so many times, but I’m not sure you have enough time to finish everything you need to do if you spend time talking to secondary characters. Does anyone have any idea if this is true? How much spare time do we actually have?

Sefir, here are some clues for how to map the maze. The coloured doors are in different order in the different rooms. Also look at the ceiling and floor for holes that let you reach other floors. Those details should enable you to create a map of the place. It’s still not particularly easy. If you don’t like mazes, I can post a map later. Smile Ah, what the hell. [spoiler]Seeing as I’ve already made it, here it is. I hope it’s legible. The red lines denote hatches in the ceiling/floor.[/spoiler]

I think seagul has nailed it - one of the best things about the game is learning about the different alien cultures and their ways of thinking. I’m looking forward to the Trisecks flashback; it’s pretty boring puzzle-wise but the whole concept of their civilization is very funny! And I had forgotten - I love Zelda. I almost miss her snarky CD change comments: “Ah… Alias, I think you need to put in disk 2 to make this work.”  Grin

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The reward for getting through the maze is absolutely worth it.  Save your game before the final launch!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top